• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home intruder shot dead

Packer fan

imported post

Notice: She had dogs, she knows LEO,s, her neighbours are all in their 80's ( she lives in a safe nieghbour hood right?), she didn't want to but he forced her to shoots, how long the response time, and she refused to retreat.

Now according to Hank T, she should have allowed him into the house and have his way with her and the house until the LEO's arrived because he was unarmed.
as the old saying goes, "It is better for a man to think you a fool than to open you moth and prove it."

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm am glad she did not get injured or killed by this man. She did what she had to do and I stand by the decision given the situation, especially, given her situation.

Listening to her, however, she was truely scared, distraught. However, her will to live gave her the ability to chose to pick up the gun and shoot. Many of us don't know that feeling and hope we don't have to make that choice but given a similar case, I hope we can defend ourselves, our loved ones. Just listening to her on the phone though, man, that was emotional. Better she cry and live with what happened than to have been possibly raped, maimed, or killed.

markand

imported post

There are several threads on this incident here on OCDO (not complaining, just noting the fact). The woman did a great job keeping her cool and defending herself. She got good support from the 911 dispatcher as well.

Unfortunately, the Oklahoman newspaper, linked in the original post above, published the victim's FULL NAME, AGE AND HOME ADDRESS!!! Just to avoid confusion, the victim here is the woman who was defending her home. The guy who was killed was an intruder shot during the course of committing a crime.

I spoke to the reporter who wrote the story, a Robert Medley Monday afternoon. I pointed out that the full name and address of the victim, prominently printed on his report, could be dangerous to the victim. The intruder has obviously had other encounters with law enforcement (the photo in the article shows the intruder in orange prison garb). It is not at all unlikely that this guy had "business associates" or family members who might be very unhappy with the woman who so calmly and bravely defended herself.

Mr. Medley was completely unwilling to do anything to help protect the victim's life, like removing the victims full name and complete address!! He pointed out, and I agree, that if the Mexican drug cartel really wanted to get to this woman, they probably could whether the address is published in his newspaper or not. I countered with, "Why draw a giant arrow pointing straight to this woman's home, essentially painting a bulls-eye on her back? Why make it easy to exact revenge?" He said his orders were to publish as much information as he had, and that's what he was going to do.

The report is at:

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498

If you want to contact Mr. Medley, here is his contact information:

ROBERT MEDLEY
rmedley@opubco.com

Main number: (405) 475-3311

9000 North Broadway, Oklahoma City, OK 73114
P.O. Box 25125, Oklahoma City, OK 73125

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Packer fan wrote:
Notice: She had dogs, she knows LEO,s, her neighbours are all in their 80's ( she lives in a safe nieghbour hood right?), she didn't want to but he forced her to shoots, how long the response time, and she refused to retreat.

Now according to Hank T, she should have allowed him into the house and have his way with her and the house until the LEO's arrived because he was unarmed.
as the old saying goes, "It is better for a man to think you a fool than to open you moth and prove it."

I never said that.

What makes you make that statement, PF? Your statement is obviously erroneous...

Packer fan

imported post

HankT wrote:
Packer fan wrote:

I never said that.

What makes you make that statement, PF? Your statement is obviously erroneous...
According to your postulation you never shoot an unarmed person; so, simple logic says that he makes it into the house, and even if she locked her self into a washroom like the operator told her to do,he would have kicked down the washroom door and had hisway with her until LOE's arrived what 10 min'slater. This do to your postulating of never shooting an unarmed person.I forget what number. I'm just looking at your past posts.

gprod55

imported post

Fortunately for her the State Of Oklahoma has a make my day law which allows one to defend themselves, family and homes from breakins. This law allows one to use leathal weapons without recrmination in self defense. Because of this she was exonerated and no charges were filed against her. Because of the press giving her address and other information she should start carrying a weapon definitely for self defense. She will definitely have a need.

gprod55

imported post

Fortunately for her the State Of Oklahoma has a make my day law which allows one to defend themselves, family and homes from breakins. This law allows one to use leathal weapons without recrmination in self defense. Because of this she was exonerated and no charges were filed against her. Because of the press giving her address and other information she should start carrying a weapon definitely for self defense. She will definitely have a need.