• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just wondering, did anyone OC?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

im oc/cc now @ tacoma dome. no wands, just bag searches. no bag so just walked on by. its obvious im carrying though as half the holster is below the jacket line.

first memorial ive been to with counter-snipers

amzbrady

imported post

Wonder what would go through an officers mind, from Illinois? OC/CC, any carry off private property is Illegal. Stay safe and Keep your weenie warm while your there.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
CC'd today....

Went in the ground floor entrance with LEO, no problems...

Lot's of snipers on the roof....
Would hope you wouldnt have a problem CC... I was just wondering if anyone was brave enough to OC With all the cops in a state of hightened alert.Wonder what the Canadians would think of us. even though its late,Kind of wonder how the old timers would have felt about some open carriers getting together and displaying a banner saying something like Our condolances and support from OpenCarry.org. probably not a good Idea, just wondering what others think.

Johnny Law

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Not to make anyone more paranoid than some here already are but................ Actually it probably isn't the first, as typically the public is completely unaware of the presence of snipers at events of this nature. Truth be known, snipers are present at many high profile functions of different varieties, as are Officers that are "in the mix".

sudden valley gunner

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Kind of wonder how the old timers would have felt about some open carriers getting together and displaying a banner saying something like Our condolances and support from OpenCarry.org. probably not a good Idea, just wondering what others think.
I think that it is a good idea. We are not the enemy of police, and I hope any LEO's who have read this site since these malicous murders know that most the folks I know of on here would have risked their own lives in defending them (LEO's) if they were there.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Not to make anyone more paranoid than some here already are but................ Actually it probably isn't the first, as typically the public is completely unaware of the presence of snipers at events of this nature. Truth be known, snipers are present at many high profile functions of different varieties, as are Officers that are "in the mix".

No, this is the first for me :D

The memorials I've gone to before have all been private events, maybe 300 people tops, and while political figures have attended, it was always on the DL, no huge speech or anything.

I'm always the guy being watched because I'm watching the people watching everyone else.. :lol:

You know the guy they say to look out for, the one who's not paying attention or clapping along with everyone else, just observing/scanning the crowd.. :p

joeroket

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
 Kind of wonder how the old timers would have felt about some open carriers getting together and displaying a banner saying something like Our condolances and support from OpenCarry.org . probably not a good Idea, just wondering what others think.
I think that it is a good idea. We are not the enemy of police, and I hope any LEO's who have read this site since these malicous murders know that most the folks I know of on here would have risked their own lives in defending them (LEO's) if they were there.

No offense to anyone specific but if anyone would have shown up to my dads with a sign I would have been pissed as hell and made sure they were removed.

It is not a good idea to do this at an LEO memorial.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

joeroket wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Kind of wonder how the old timers would have felt about some open carriers getting together and displaying a banner saying something like Our condolances and support from OpenCarry.org. probably not a good Idea, just wondering what others think.

No offense to anyone specific but if anyone would have shown up to my dads with a sign I would have been pissed as hell and made sure they were removed.

With a sign of support? Of course not inside the memorial, that would be disrespectful I was thinking outside.

kwiebe

imported post

So, there were snipers on the roof, but attendees were allowed into the facility without a thorough check of their persons...

Hmm...is that smart from a security perspective?

I'm not saying I agree with or advocate the Dome's stated policy of turning away citizens who attempt to carry onto the property. I'm just saying that it seems illogical to not do a pat-down or metal detector search or whatever if there's snipers on the roof.

I don't know, just seems at least a little inconsistent to me.

Stretch

imported post

There were 4 to 5 sniper teams in the area. There were reports of the church group that makes a "living" of showing up at memorials and funerals to protest lifestyle choices.

I did not see them, but the LEO snipers and the sheriff helo were very sharp on somebody's presence a couple of times during the memorial.

joeroket

imported post

joeroket wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
 Kind of wonder how the old timers would have felt about some open carriers getting together and displaying a banner saying something like Our condolances and support from OpenCarry.org . probably not a good Idea, just wondering what others think.

With a sign of support? Of course not inside the memorial, that would be disrespectful I was thinking outside.

Ok. I guess I misunderstood.