• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC Dinner, Jan 8, 2010, 7pm, Layton Red Robin

UtahJarhead

imported post

Red Robin in Layton has agreed to host us for an Open Carry / Concealed Carry dinner.

Jan 8, 2010 (01/08/2010) is the date. 7pm is the time. Families are friends are invited.

They do not do reservations Friday and Saturday evenings, but are making an exception so we need to please make sure we're punctual. They're going to set aside a room for us so we're all nearby. Everything's good to go and confirmed. This has been cross-posted to UCC, so hopefully we'll have a good sized group. Mark your calendars!

Also, I was told the regional manager for Red Robin's parent company (Pat Wagner) is a CFP holder and general fan of 2A and he helped facilitate this.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Just an FYI - Red Robin corporate policy is anti-gun (LEO only). I haven't had an issue with my local manager but its something to be aware of.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

We have had at least 3 planned OC dinners in 3 different Utah Red Robin locations, and all were very accommodating.

We even had one unannounced Red Robin open carry dinner that went off without a hitch. :cool:

UtahJarhead

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Just an FYI - Red Robin corporate policy is anti-gun (LEO only). I haven't had an issue with my local manager but its something to be aware of.
I got in contact by asking them about hosting an Open Carry dinner and explained what Open Carry was all through their corporate website. Instead of rebuking us, they just passed us right along to the regional manager. If they were anti-gun prior, they're certainly ok with it now.

UtahJarhead

imported post

goosemama wrote:
Hey, count me and Right2Carry in! Glad to see you guys got back from Idaho in one piece. LOL!
Thanks, goosemama. :) Yeah, got back in one piece, just had to be a bit extra accommodating to her family since doesn't seem them a lot. I never signed on for that stuff! :lol:

JTknives

imported post

I will be there for sure. The 7th is my birthday so I will just call this my party ;). I am trying to round up some other people to come with me. I live in provo and if some people want to car pool from here I can drive.

caverat

imported post

Been looking for something like this new to town and all this OC & CC stuff as well the people at Impact are great but I lack for time to stop in as often as I should count me in*:lol:

UtahJarhead

imported post

Caverat, welcome to OCDO! You're more than welcome to come to the OC dinner and feel free to bring any family/friends that you'd like to bring.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Called RR again last night just to make sure they were expecting us to show up like this on a Friday night and they said they're good to go! He did emphasize to me that we try and be there as promptly as we can since they risk losing business if we stagger in.

JTknives

imported post

This is the address right?

1562 Woodland Park Drive, Layton, UT‎ - (801) 779-3511‎

Like i said befor i am in provo so if someone needs a ride i'm cool with that.