Thread: Guns used by nut-jobs, thugs, and wackos...

Post imported post

Here's an idea...

Whenever some nutjob goes "postal" and the media makes a huge deal about how they used some sort of "assault pistol" or "cop killer gun", or "military type weapon", how about law-abiding gun owners going out and buying the same gun used by them in their heinous acts.

There would then be THOUSANDS of these guns in the hands of LAC's who either just kept them in their safes or only used them for "range guns" (because lets face it, the majority of such guns are usually crap, with a few isolated exceptions like the FN Five-seveN, and the Walther P22, and the Beretta 92), and never ever used them for a crime, or even for defense. They would just be in the hands of LAC's, and only used for recreation and educational purposes (mostly to illustrate how unreliable and prone-to-malfunction they are)...

I'm not saying we should glorify the guns used by crazy people to do terrible crimes, but it might do some REALLY interesting things to the ownership statistics if a BUNCH of these guns suddenly were in the hands of thousands of LAC's, and were purchased through real dealers, by people who could actually pass a background check.

I mean, imagine, THOUSANDS of these "evil guns" in the hands of LAC's, just sitting in gun safes, not hurting anyone! Imagine that...

Here are some of the more recent firearms that fit this category:
    • FN Herstal 5.7 (Ft. Hood)
    • Walther P22 (VA Tech)
    • Glock 19 (VA Tech)
    • Intratec Tec-9 (Baltimore, Columbine)
    • Beretta 92 (Winnenden, Germany, Hungerford England)
    • 12 gauge Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun (Columbine)
    • Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm semi-automatic rifle (Columbine)
    • 12 gauge Stevens 311D double barreled Shotgun (Columbine)
    • Swiss 5.6 mm SIG "Sturmgewehr 90 (Zug Switzerland)
    • Chinese "Type 56" Semiauto Kalashnikov AK-47 (Hungerford England)
    • M1 Carbine (Hungerford England)
    • Ruger Mini-14 (Montreal Canada)
    • CZ 75B pistol (Hat Yai Thailand)
    I imagine that many members of this forum already have a pretty good head-start on this list...

I don't mean nothin', I'm just sayin'...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

If I had the coin, I would be more than happy to take on that shopping list, but I still don't get the point. Especially since alot of those listed are not that rare or "evil" for that matter. I certainly wouldn't call some of those unreliable, I would be happy to carry some of those on a daily basis, especially the FiveseveN :celebrate

I guess I just dont understand...

unless you have some overstock :P

Post imported post

The lowest price gun on that list is the Hi Point 995 and those are actually know to be reliable and generally good guns... The rest are middle to top shelf firearms... so I guess I miss your point.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I don't know if there is a point. There are already thousands of each of those guns in the hands of law abiding citizens. Hell, my wife and I own seven on the list and the only thing they kill is cardboard, tin cans and tree stumps. They're"not hurting anyone" and most likely never will. At least that's our plan.

IMO, this looks like the ranting of someone who gets a lot of their firearm related info from the Brady Bunch and VPC.

So tell me again. What is the purpose of this thread?
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Post imported post

How about this.

By purchasing these firearms, we are keeping them out of the hands of criminals....
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    I mean, imagine, THOUSANDS of these "evil guns" in the hands of LAC's, just sitting in gun safes, not hurting anyone! Imagine that...
    They are already part of an extreme vast majority - thousands upon thousands - not used for evil. That doesn't change anything for the antis - they do not care about facts.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I believe that the immediate 'surge' of buying a specific gun after it having been reported widely as having been used in the commission of a crime or heinous act would be turned directly (and probably effectively) against us! I can see the headline now: "Thousands (of 'nut-jobs') flock to the stores to buy (insert evil gun name here) after hearing how effective it was at committing (insert heinous act here).... We MUST take (unconstitutional) action to prevent any more of these guns from getting out! yadda, yadda, yadda, babble, babble, babble....

And as already mentioned... Thousands of all of those listed are already sitting in safes, and carried daily by many!

Post imported post

the only one on the list that i've got is the hi point 995

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    ...SNIP

So tell me again.Â* What is the purpose of this thread?
    I have to agree with this point of view. What are you thinking? This is exactly the kind of thread that Schumer, Bloomy, and the Brady bunch love to find on pro rights websites.

"We have met the enemy and he is US!" - Walt Kelly
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Already got 'em.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Sorry, Dreamer, but this idea sounds about as nutty as trying to fly by flapping my arms up and down real fast.

Post imported post

I know for a fact that when some wacko goes on a rampage that sales of thet firearm go up

case in point

Sales of the FiveseveN increased after Ft hood. My shop had 4 5.7s in stock, 3 in the case and one in the back of the store in storage as they had all been sitting collecting dust for a year. We needed some space so we took one and put it in storage, I was going to put the another in the back safe as well. Well Ft Hood took place and volia.. as an experiment we put them all up front and center and increased the price by $40 to $1140...all four sold that week plus we took orders, 5 more pd in full ..pretty weird.

After the shooting at that Pa ladies gym. We sold a bunch of G19s w/the G18mags. WE sold over 100 G18 mags that week when normally we seel maybe 15.

The same thing happened when the DC sniper went ape @#$%. You couldnt find a Bushmaster AR anywhere for months.

Post imported post

If you really want to know what guns the nutcase/whackjobs/psychos use, they use whatever gun they happen to have available for them to use.

So, let all keep the guns that we have available to us and buy whatever other guns we want to have available to us.

Post imported post

In the case of increased sales of the FiveseveN, that may have been due more to people never having heard of it before. I certainly hadn't ; and I looked it up and it is an interesting design. Personally not my cup of tea, however; and there are a lot of indoor ranges that prohibit "rifle ammunition calibers" that probably would not welcome the FiveseveN.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
    In the case of increased sales of the FiveseveN, that may have been due more to people never having heard of it before. I certainly hadn't ; and I looked it up and it is an interesting design. Personally not my cup of tea, however; and there are a lot of indoor ranges that prohibit "rifle ammunition calibers" that probably would not welcome the FiveseveN.
    The rd is very similar in power to a .22 magnum butt more expensive.:?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I've got almost all of those.

Run away, run away! I'm about to be transformed into a murderous maniac by these guns!! Save yourselves!! I can't possibly have a mind of my own with all these evil sentient guns using telepathy to project ideas of carnage into my mind!!! They run me, they control me, I cannot be held responsible for my actions!! Run! I can't help it, I am not in control of my own body, they are making me kill!!!!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

My guns are all defective.. They haven't attacked or killed anyone since I have owned them

I say since I have owned them as I have many C&R guns that likely have killed a few folks either german or russian ...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I read a guy on one of these threads who said he was going to take his set of duelling pistols back for a refund because he opened the box and they just sat there.

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Here's an idea...

Whenever some nutjob goes "postal" and the media makes a huge deal about how they used some sort of "assault pistol" or "cop killer gun", or "military type weapon", how about law-abiding gun owners going out and buying the same gun used by them in their heinous acts.

There would then be THOUSANDS of these guns in the hands of LAC's who either just kept them in their safes or only used them for "range guns" (because lets face it, the majority of such guns are usually crap, with a few isolated exceptions like the FN Five-seveN, and the Walther P22, and the Beretta 92), and never ever used them for a crime, or even for defense. They would just be in the hands of LAC's, and only used for recreation and educational purposes (mostly to illustrate how unreliable and prone-to-malfunction they are)...

I'm not saying we should glorify the guns used by crazy people to do terrible crimes, but it might do some REALLY interesting things to the ownership statistics if a BUNCH of these guns suddenly were in the hands of thousands of LAC's, and were purchased through real dealers, by people who could actually pass a background check.

Here are some of the more recent firearms that fit this category:
    • FN Herstal 5.7 (Ft. Hood)
    • Walther P22 (VA Tech)
    • Glock 19 (VA Tech)
    • Intratec Tec-9 (Baltimore, Columbine)
    • Beretta 92 (Winnenden, Germany, Hungerford England)
    • 12 gauge Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun (Columbine)
    • Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm semi-automatic rifle (Columbine)
    • 12 gauge Stevens 311D double barreled Shotgun (Columbine)
    • Swiss 5.6 mm SIG "Sturmgewehr 90 (Zug Switzerland)
    • Chinese "Type 56" Semiauto Kalashnikov AK-47 (Hungerford England)
    • M1 Carbine (Hungerford England)
    • Ruger Mini-14 (Montreal Canada)
    • CZ 75B pistol (Hat Yai Thailand)
    I imagine that many members of this forum already have a pretty good head-start on this list...

I don't mean nothin', I'm just sayin'...
    I am curious, because of recent actions, and current events, how many of these people commiting these acts did the following:

----Painted their tips orange
    ----Advertised their interest in firearms, and their interactions with law enforcement, prior to commiting heinous acts.

I am very seriously, curious to know if any have applied these tactics in any of the cases. Anybody know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...