Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They have arrived! My High Noon Holsters

Post imported post

As advertised, my High Noon holsters arrived today, they showed up roughly three months after being ordered. I ordered three holsters this time, after being very impressed with the first one I had purchased.

These are custom fitted and primarily for open carry and winter/fall concealed carry, although if I have to, I know I can conceal a full size pistol in a T-shirt with one of these holsters. (I prefer a sub compact for spring/summer carry)

All three are the same model, the 'Sky High' model, which is similar to the 'Topless' model I had originally purchased for my 75 SP01, but includes a thumb-break. (Big deal for OC IMHO )

I did notice a blemish on the fiveseven holster, but it's not a big deal. Over all I'm very pleased with the quality/cost ratio.

Post imported post

Update.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']CZ 75 SP-01[/span]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']FNH FiveseveN[/span]

[span style='font-weight: bold;']HK USP 40[/span]

Group shots

Post imported post

Those look very nice. I like the saddle tan color.

Post imported post

Thanks, they're dyed cowhide, I dig the color as well.

Post imported post

SsevenN wrote:
    Verrrry nice, SN.

Guns look soooooo much better in leather....

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    SsevenN wrote:
    Verrrry nice, SN.

Guns look soooooo much better in leather....
    Look better, feel better, smell better, and sound better than plastic.

Post imported post

Pretty, but I Still Prefer the Performance of Kydex, e.g. speed, durability, etc.... I leave the jewelry guns and holsters in the safe...

Post imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
    Pretty, but I Still Prefer the Performance of Kydex, e.g. speed, durability, etc.... I leave the jewelry guns and holsters in the safe...
    Then why own them at all? Just my thoughts on the matter.

Post imported post

I have 3 High Noon holsters , 2 horsehide models for 5 inch gov`t models and a cow hide for my 442 Smith. The 442 usually just rides in an extra pocket on my off side instead of a holster.

I also have some kydex but prefer leather for EDC.

Post imported post

I have a High Noon Slide Guard formy G30SF. Nicely made holster with a couple of exceptions. HN needs to finish the interior of the belt slots so they don't grind on our expensive gun belts (see below left). Second, the Slide Guard is a "high ride" holster. On a subcompact like the G30 with a short slide and all the weight in the magazine, this is a very difficult combo to get tight to your side. It completely overwhelmed my 1.25" Beltman belts. I have a 1.5" horsehide enroute that will hopefully make this holster perform as intended.

This isn't the point of the thread but, I obviously completely disagree with your contention that you should use a thumb break for OC.

Post imported post

Section32 wrote:

This isn't the point of the thread but, I obviously completely disagree with your contention that you should use a thumb break for OC.

Just wondering, what's your line of thinking on that? I've always felt that you need active retention when you OC around crowds. Things like lines worry me w/o active retention.

Post imported post

I have the identical set-up, only Left handed.
    I use the heavy duty leather belt with my HN Holster.

Post imported post

SsevenN wrote:
    Section32 wrote:

Just wondering, what's your line of thinking on that? I've always felt that you need active retention when you OC around crowds. Things like lines worry me w/o active retention.
    How many cases of someone snatching guns out of holsters do YOU know about?

I have heard people that express worry about it but NEVER heard of it actually happening.

Post imported post

Well, since this is a "High Noon" thread, let's let them answer your question:

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Que...stions.html#28

BTW, if you are new to leather holsters, read through the entire FAQ on their website. Many of their observations are excellent.

Post imported post

The only one I can think of occurred in Centreville, VA several years ago. A man was OC'ing and was robbed of his gun. Retention training, a retention holster and a fighting mindset would have come in handy.

There is a reason the police use retention holsters. Perhaps they know something you do not.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Post imported post

230therapy wrote:
    The only one I can think of occurred in Centreville, VA several years ago. A man was OC'ing and was robbed of his gun. Retention training, a retention holster and a fighting mindset would have come in handy.

There is a reason the police use retention holsters. Perhaps they know something you do not.
    I believe if you check on that, you'll find that it didn't happen and the "victim" was later charged with filing a false police report.

Post imported post

230therapy wrote:

LEO's are in completly different position than a civilian. They regularly have to wrestle people to the ground, run, climb over fences etc. The wrestling to the ground with the criminal element is why they have retention. It is there job, not to mention that duty gear is chosen by administrators.

We as civilians don't have that responsibility; we can shoot'em where they stand. I have carried for years, and never worried about retention. Is is the same straw man than CC'ers bring up about OC....You'll be the first to get shot.

It would take a really dumb bandito to try and steal a firearm from an armed person.They'll get what they deserve...shot.

Steve
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Post imported post

where did you get those? i want one

Post imported post

PETA really hates you

Post imported post

They make a great holster, I live in Fl. and the factory is 20 minutes from my home, I wish they would just let me pick it up but they won't. They are making the bare asset IWB with the leathersleeve to protect your slide against your body (sweat and pinching) I was told 8 months they will be in full production....I have already put an order in for one for my G30. Sucks I cant get it for that long, its hard wearing a wife beater under your tshirt when it pretty much 95-98 degrees in Fl from may to september. I sweat my ass off..........G30

Post imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
    I was told 8 months they will be in full production.
    Really?! They were three months out last summer when I ordered my Slide Guard. Now it's eight? If that's true, their business has really exploded.

Edit: after checking their website (where they do a real nice job of publicly tracking orders), it appears they are still out three months. Where do you get eight?

Post imported post

I sent a email requesting if they would make me a custom one and was told that they do not. As you know by looking at it the bare asset holster has no extended piece for slide protection and I simply asked if they would stitch one on a bare asset for me. They told me that a new version of that holster is in the works and will be available in 8 months. I do not think that is the wait time for there other holsters, just the new style in the bare asset due to the fact that it does not currently have a production pattern and R&D probably has not finished up and handed over to the mold to the stichers to begin there production run...Hope that helps ya, if not shoot me a PM....Glock30

Post imported post

.45acp wrote:
    230therapy wrote:

LEO's are in completly different position than a civilian. They regularly have to wrestle people to the ground, run, climb over fences etc. The wrestling to the ground with the criminal element is why they have retention. It is there job, not to mention that duty gear is chosen by administrators.

We as civilians don't have that responsibility; we can shoot'em where they stand. I have carried for years, and never worried about retention. Is is the same straw man than CC'ers bring up about OC....You'll be the first to get shot.

It would take a really dumb bandito to try and steal a firearm from an armed person.They'll get what they deserve...shot.
    "We can shoot'em where they stand?"

You seem a little casual about the idea, padnuh.

Retention is a good idea. Upwards of 800,000 open carriers in the U.S. use it nowadays. Of the LEO persuasion. Also, some OCers do it--and swear by it.

Probably would be a good law to pass requiring it for OCers. Makes a lot of sense. What's that analogy we pro-gunnerslikeuse about how a gun is like an auto safety belt? It would be turned back on us prrrrrrretty easily.

I expect thatstate laws mandating retention holsters for OCare inevitable. Would it pass constitutional muster? I don't see why it wouldn't fallwithin the "reasonable regulation" standard.

Post imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
    I sent a email requesting if they would make me a custom one and was told that they do not. As you know by looking at it the bare asset holster has no extended piece for slide protection and I simply asked if they would stitch one on a bare asset for me. They told me that a new version of that holster is in the works and will be available in 8 months. I do not think that is the wait time for there other holsters, just the new style in the bare asset due to the fact that it does not currently have a production pattern and R&D probably has not finished up and handed over to the mold to the stichers to begin there production run...Hope that helps ya, if not shoot me a PM....Glock30
    Ahhhh, that makes sense. Sorry I misunderstood your first post.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    Probably would be a good law to pass requiring it for OCers.
    I hope you are not serious. Maybe some well-intentioned do-gooder will decide it would make a better law to export CA's OC law to the rest of the country (gun must be completely unloaded). We've all got to stay away from resorting to passing laws to force our opinions (no matter how well intentioned) on the rest of the populace. This is the root of liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast