• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They have arrived! My High Noon Holsters

SsevenN

imported post

As advertised, my High Noon holsters arrived today, they showed up roughly three months after being ordered. I ordered three holsters this time, after being very impressed with the first one I had purchased.

These are custom fitted and primarily for open carry and winter/fall concealed carry, although if I have to, I know I can conceal a full size pistol in a T-shirt with one of these holsters. (I prefer a sub compact for spring/summer carry)

All three are the same model, the 'Sky High' model, which is similar to the 'Topless' model I had originally purchased for my 75 SP01, but includes a thumb-break. (Big deal for OC IMHO )

I did notice a blemish on the fiveseven holster, but it's not a big deal. Over all I'm very pleased with the quality/cost ratio.

120809_083500.jpg

SsevenN

imported post

Update.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']CZ 75 SP-01[/span]

holsters001.jpg

[span style='font-weight: bold;']FNH FiveseveN[/span]

holsters002.jpg

[span style='font-weight: bold;']HK USP 40[/span]

holsters003.jpg

Group shots

holsters005.jpg

holsters004.jpg

Damiansar-15

imported post

Pretty, but I Still Prefer the Performance of Kydex, e.g. speed, durability, etc.... I leave the jewelry guns and holsters in the safe...

kito109654

imported post

Damiansar-15 wrote:
Pretty, but I Still Prefer the Performance of Kydex, e.g. speed, durability, etc.... I leave the jewelry guns and holsters in the safe...
Then why own them at all? Just my thoughts on the matter.

Hellbilly

imported post

I have 3 High Noon holsters , 2 horsehide models for 5 inch gov`t models and a cow hide for my 442 Smith. The 442 usually just rides in an extra pocket on my off side instead of a holster.

I also have some kydex but prefer leather for EDC.

Section32

imported post

I have a High Noon Slide Guard formy G30SF. Nicely made holster with a couple of exceptions. HN needs to finish the interior of the belt slots so they don't grind on our expensive gun belts (see below left). Second, the Slide Guard is a "high ride" holster. On a subcompact like the G30 with a short slide and all the weight in the magazine, this is a very difficult combo to get tight to your side. It completely overwhelmed my 1.25" Beltman belts. I have a 1.5" horsehide enroute that will hopefully make this holster perform as intended.

This isn't the point of the thread but, I obviously completely disagree with your contention that you should use a thumb break for OC.

HighNoonG30SF.jpg

SsevenN

imported post

Section32 wrote:

This isn't the point of the thread but, I obviously completely disagree with your contention that you should use a thumb break for OC.

Just wondering, what's your line of thinking on that? I've always felt that you need active retention when you OC around crowds. Things like lines worry me w/o active retention.

Ole Man Dan

imported post

I have the identical set-up, only Left handed.
I use the heavy duty leather belt with my HN Holster.

Leader

imported post

SsevenN wrote:
Section32 wrote:

Just wondering, what's your line of thinking on that? I've always felt that you need active retention when you OC around crowds. Things like lines worry me w/o active retention.

How many cases of someone snatching guns out of holsters do YOU know about?

I have heard people that express worry about it but NEVER heard of it actually happening.

230therapy

imported post

The only one I can think of occurred in Centreville, VA several years ago. A man was OC'ing and was robbed of his gun. Retention training, a retention holster and a fighting mindset would have come in handy.

There is a reason the police use retention holsters. Perhaps they know something you do not.

Leader

imported post

230therapy wrote:
The only one I can think of occurred in Centreville, VA several years ago. A man was OC'ing and was robbed of his gun. Retention training, a retention holster and a fighting mindset would have come in handy.

There is a reason the police use retention holsters. Perhaps they know something you do not.
I believe if you check on that, you'll find that it didn't happen and the "victim" was later charged with filing a false police report.

.45acp

imported post

230therapy wrote:

LEO's are in completly different position than a civilian. They regularly have to wrestle people to the ground, run, climb over fences etc. The wrestling to the ground with the criminal element is why they have retention. It is there job, not to mention that duty gear is chosen by administrators.

We as civilians don't have that responsibility; we can shoot'em where they stand. I have carried for years, and never worried about retention. Is is the same straw man than CC'ers bring up about OC....You'll be the first to get shot.

It would take a really dumb bandito to try and steal a firearm from an armed person.They'll get what they deserve...shot.

Steve

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

They make a great holster, I live in Fl. and the factory is 20 minutes from my home, I wish they would just let me pick it up but they won't. They are making the bare asset IWB with the leathersleeve to protect your slide against your body (sweat and pinching) I was told 8 months they will be in full production....I have already put an order in for one for my G30. Sucks I cant get it for that long, its hard wearing a wife beater under your tshirt when it pretty much 95-98 degrees in Fl from may to september. I sweat my ass off..........G30