• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They have arrived! My High Noon Holsters

Section32

imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
I was told 8 months they will be in full production.
Really?! They were three months out last summer when I ordered my Slide Guard. Now it's eight? If that's true, their business has really exploded.

Edit: after checking their website (where they do a real nice job of publicly tracking orders), it appears they are still out three months. Where do you get eight?

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

I sent a email requesting if they would make me a custom one and was told that they do not. As you know by looking at it the bare asset holster has no extended piece for slide protection and I simply asked if they would stitch one on a bare asset for me. They told me that a new version of that holster is in the works and will be available in 8 months. I do not think that is the wait time for there other holsters, just the new style in the bare asset due to the fact that it does not currently have a production pattern and R&D probably has not finished up and handed over to the mold to the stichers to begin there production run...Hope that helps ya, if not shoot me a PM....Glock30

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

.45acp wrote:
230therapy wrote:
The only one I can think of occurred in Centreville, VA several years ago. A man was OC'ing and was robbed of his gun. Retention training, a retention holster and a fighting mindset would have come in handy.

There is a reason the police use retention holsters. Perhaps they know something you do not.
LEO's are in completly different position than a civilian. They regularly have to wrestle people to the ground, run, climb over fences etc. The wrestling to the ground with the criminal element is why they have retention. It is there job, not to mention that duty gear is chosen by administrators.

We as civilians don't have that responsibility; we can shoot'em where they stand. I have carried for years, and never worried about retention. Is is the same straw man than CC'ers bring up about OC....You'll be the first to get shot.

It would take a really dumb bandito to try and steal a firearm from an armed person.They'll get what they deserve...shot.

"We can shoot'em where they stand?"

You seem a little casual about the idea, padnuh.

Retention is a good idea. Upwards of 800,000 open carriers in the U.S. use it nowadays. Of the LEO persuasion. Also, some OCers do it--and swear by it.

Probably would be a good law to pass requiring it for OCers. Makes a lot of sense. What's that analogy we pro-gunnerslikeuse about how a gun is like an auto safety belt? It would be turned back on us prrrrrrretty easily.

I expect thatstate laws mandating retention holsters for OCare inevitable. Would it pass constitutional muster? I don't see why it wouldn't fallwithin the "reasonable regulation" standard.

Section32

imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
I sent a email requesting if they would make me a custom one and was told that they do not. As you know by looking at it the bare asset holster has no extended piece for slide protection and I simply asked if they would stitch one on a bare asset for me. They told me that a new version of that holster is in the works and will be available in 8 months. I do not think that is the wait time for there other holsters, just the new style in the bare asset due to the fact that it does not currently have a production pattern and R&D probably has not finished up and handed over to the mold to the stichers to begin there production run...Hope that helps ya, if not shoot me a PM....Glock30

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Sorry I misunderstood your first post.

Section32

imported post

HankT wrote:
Probably would be a good law to pass requiring it for OCers.

I hope you are not serious. Maybe some well-intentioned do-gooder will decide it would make a better law to export CA's OC law to the rest of the country (gun must be completely unloaded). We've all got to stay away from resorting to passing laws to force our opinions (no matter how well intentioned) on the rest of the populace. This is the root of liberty.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
Probably would be a good law to pass requiring it for OCers. Makes a lot of sense. What's that analogy we pro-gunnerslikeuse about how a gun is like an auto safety belt? It would be turned back on us prrrrrrretty easily.

I expect thatstate laws mandating retention holsters for OCare inevitable. Would it pass constitutional muster? I don't see why it wouldn't fallwithin the "reasonable regulation" standard.
No, no, no, no, NO!

No more gun laws, particularly one to "protect" all of the rest of us from that 1 event (proven false) out of + or - millions of OC events.

Do I believe in retention holsters? Definitely- as a recommend form, not as a mandated style.

Such a proposal makes a lot of sense - malodorous.

Yata hey

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

Before I post I am in favor of O.C. Just want to make that point clear before I write what I do. I do not have the option to OC in my state, however if i did, I do not think that I would. It is IMHO that as open-carrying may be a detterent for a BG to attempt to commit a crime on yourself or anyone around you, The draw difference between OC and CC is that that much. I am a low profile person and would not want unwanted attention due to a exposed weapon. That being said, I'm guessing that maybe 3-5% of civilian ocer's could out-draw and BG who already has this weapon in hand and diffuse the situation by a draw and point shoot at center mass. I just don't see an advantage to it, I would rather noone know I have a weapon than everyone. Authority fiqures are the shot first (*usally) in an active shooter situation. Ocing makes the criminal mind see you as a LEO or Gov. offical.....Just my 2 cents, retention holster even for ocing should be at the users discression, It should be whatever puts him/her in a " comfortable" state of mind IMHO.....G30

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProtectedByGlock wrote:
Before I post I am in favor of O.C. Just want to make that point clear before I write what I do. I do not have the option to OC in my state, however if i did, I do not think that I would. It is IMHO that as open-carrying may be a detterent for a BG to attempt to commit a crime on yourself or anyone around you, The draw difference between OC and CC is that that much. I am a low profile person and would not want unwanted attention due to a exposed weapon. That being said, I'm guessing that maybe 3-5% of civilian ocer's could out-draw and BG who already has this weapon in hand and diffuse the situation by a draw and point shoot at center mass. I just don't see an advantage to it, I would rather noone know I have a weapon than everyone. Authority fiqures are the shot first (*usally) in an active shooter situation. Ocing makes the criminal mind see you as a LEO or Gov. offical.....Just my 2 cents, retention holster even for ocing should be at the users discression, It should be whatever puts him/her in a " comfortable" state of mind IMHO.....G30
Don't disagree in the slightest - everybody is free to chose what works best for them.

The most defining principle of OC is that of educating the public while we go about our normal everyday routines. To that end OC has been and continues to be extremely effective, whereas CC contributes not a shred to that end.

The greatest "defuse the situation" factor is not whether one can outdraw a bg's reaction time, but rather is in the deterrent value - stopping the event before it even occurs - no shots fired.

What the bg guy sees, if he sees anything at all, is somebody that will make his job much harder. Insofar as taking the good guy out first, sorry but that is an urban legend - search the forum, its been debunked many times - not one documented case of non-LEO anywhere in modern times anywhere in the USA - nada, never, finis.
[line]
Back OT, those are nice looking holsters and you will have the consistency of look and fit from one to the next. There new holster sounds interesting too.

Yata hey

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

I agree i will talk my way out of a confrontation, I cant tell you how many times I have said to someone that I am sorry even though I did nothing wrong and say hey man I dont want any problems, let me leave and lets forget about. You know where Im going with that topic, that being said...If I said that to you and were not going to let that happen and I fear for my life, I have no other option other than to draw a fire fire my weapon. Not glamorizing it cause it would never do down like that (both of us pulling a weapon out old west style.. But if a bg puts me in a situation where I am gods honest truth feel my life is threatned i will do what I was trained to do in that senario..I will shoot them and hope my firearms attorney and witnesses prove to the judical system that I HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO RETREAT AS I WAS IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE...I never want this , no legal gun owner wants to take a life but like a caged animal if I am boxed in a corner, I will react.......You my friend are very intelligent person, I see this in the way you word things. I agree with what your saying about people realizing to go about there business and get used to seeing people with firearms and not freak out, I beleive that is the point you were making...G30

Matt85

imported post

good looken holsters! i do have one question, the CZ SP-01 has grip serrations on the front half of the slide. have you had experiance with these chewing away the leather?

thanks

-matt

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

I do not own any front serrated slides, but the leather is good quality. Not sure what one you were looking at but with a front serrated slide I would get an inside out leather...I.E. smooth on the inside and rough on the outside, but this is usally for IWB holsters......Don't know if that helps ya......Peace