Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Big Boy, you think yours is big? The FBI has you beat!

Post imported post

The FBI is getting some SERIOUS firepower!

But what do they need it for? (Hint: They're not telling either me or Codrea...see link in my column)

(If this doesn't bring out the Black Helicopter bunch, nuthin' will! )

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d9-Forget-the-NRA-Its-the-FBI-that-apparently-has-some-serious-gun-nuts

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yg55bxs

Post imported post

Neat guns, but not an especially big deal. Anyone who lives in a DD legal state can buy one, provided they have the funds.

There isn't much you could do with that gun you couldn't already do with a .50 BMG. And most of what you could reasonably need a rifle for you could do better with a .308.

To me, this represents little more than a silly, however meager by comparison waste of tax money.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

The rounds in the picture are from left to right - .223, .338 Lapua, .50 BMG, and last but not least 20mm Vulcan.

I cannot imagine why any domestic law enforcement agency would need to toss a 1/4 pound bullet 5,000 Meters. When the Germans had 20 mm nose guns in their aircraft, they were called cannons not rifles.

"Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Since the intent of the Second Amendment was to garuntee the peoples protection from an over zelus government, where's mine?

Post imported post

are we africa? no (not yet anyways.) is the fbi in africa? maybe but theyre sure as hell not engaging the militia. soo.... why the 20mm rifle?
    [size="Users of 20mm sniper rifles include commandos, police and peacekeepers. That's because these weapons are able to disable vehicles or weapons at a distance, and with minimal collateral damage. In][size=Africa], for example, warlords like to equip their gunmen with heavy machine-guns mounted on the backs of pickup trucks. You want to take these down from a distance and, since these trucks are often parked in the midst of civilians, you want to do it without large explosions."

edit - aw damnit i just repeated exactly what it said underneath what i quoted, i need to start reading the whole story before talking:P

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    The rounds in the picture are from left to right - .223, .338 Lapua, .50 BMG, and last but not least 20mm Vulcan.

I cannot imagine why any domestic law enforcement agency would need to toss a 1/4 pound bullet 5,000 Meters. When the Germans had 20 mm nose guns in their aircraft, they were called cannons not rifles.

Well, so do we. The 20mm Vulcan gatling gun is an aircraft cannon.

We have discussed the blurring line between police and military in this country before. This fits the pattern.

Post imported post

Tomahawk, you are thinking too small.

Now those are guns! :what:
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Yes, but they aren't 20mm guns, so they are not relevant.

Post imported post

You're right, the GAU-8 is 30mm and the AC-5 has a puny 25mm gun...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Please take special note of the color of the tip of the 20mm round in the above picture.

I imagine when the government starts using these newly aquired 20mm "rifles" domestically, the "officers" using them will be wearing hats of a similar color.

I don't mean nothin', I'm just sayin'...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

McX

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Please take special note of the color of the tip of the 20mm round in the above picture.

I imagine when the government starts using these newly aquired 20mm "rifles" domestically, the "officers" using them will be wearing hats of a similar color.

Your hat.

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:

And for the same reason as the British redcoats ... Not a good idea to have clothing that says 'look at me!' in a war zone.. Aim for the blue beret.. lol
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

Armond Reese wrote:

Your hat.
    ROFLOL!!!!! Looks like "My Favorite Martian"

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

Armond Reese wrote:
    Dreamer wrote:

Your hat.

I leap to the conclusion that you are one of the two in this photo.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    Our tax dollars, hard at work, blowing stuff up. Do these guns fire D.U. (depleted Uranium) rounds?
    Yes. And?

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:

That is their before "dress hat". Here is their after "work hat"

Post imported post

Well I am going to put this in my front lawn.

Post imported post

okboomer wrote:
    Armond Reese wrote:

Your hat.
    ROFLOL!!!!! Looks like "My Favorite Martian"

Looks like one of my coworkers. LOL

Post imported post

The fbi needs firepower. Treason, killing innocent women holding babies,burning children to death, stealing laptops and anything else that isn't bolted to the floor is seriouswork. J. Edgar is probably dancing around in his dress in hell with joy. And their greatest hero, Hanssen, would approve.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Post imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
    The fbi needs firepower. Treason, killing innocent women holding babies,burning children to death, stealing laptops and anything else that isn't bolted to the floor is seriouswork. J. Edgar is probably dancing around in his dress in hell with joy. And their greatest hero, Hanssen, would approve.
    Zing!

About J. Edgar: how does a 20mm rifle make it easier to collect info for blackmailing politicians and celebrities, I wonder?

Post imported post

lonewolf2810 wrote:
    Well I am going to put this in my front lawn.
    i see this being in Clint Eastwood's front lawn, he got tired of the overpriced ammo for his Garand

Post imported post

It has a blue tip on it becouse it is a training round. It has nothing to do with the UN.

Post imported post

I see none y'all ever wrenched 'n fed 20mm nuthin'. The M61-A1 and MK-12/MK11's are electric primed. The AN/M3's (GM/Hispano) are percussion. 20mm service flavors are TP, APT, HEI & API.All solid 'blue' is TP. (inert) The MK-12 fired (linked) MK 100 series ammo. That's the round under the blue beret photo) M61A1 fires LALS drum fed M50 series (first photo with comparitive bullets). Also in TP, APT, HEI and API flavors.

Suspect this 'rifle' ammo would be M3. 'Boys' had a magazinefed .55 cal AT rifle in WWII

The MK 11 was a re-hash of a German Henshel WWII (twin barrel) design that didn't work well at all. The MK 12 used 1200 psi on the gun charger, 1000 psi on the buffer 'n 700 psi on theMk 7 feed mech. The primary MK 12 Navy platforms were 4x on the F-8 and 2x on the A-4. There was another MK 12'gun pod'... GPU2A-XN1 carried on OV-10A's in 'Nam and nowhere else mfg'd in China Lake. Nothing you could mount on a pick-up truck easily. This was the single barreled MK 12, not the triple M197 gun. The AD-6 SpAD's carried 6 M3's in the wings.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I see none y'all ever wrenched 'n fed 20mm nuthin'. The M61-A1 and MK-12/MK11's There was another MK 12'gun pod'... GPU2A-XN1 carried on OV-10A's in 'Nam and nowhere else mfg'd in China Lake. Nothing you could mount on a pick-up truck easily. This was the single barreled MK 12, not the triple M197 gun.
    We were still operating OV-10s in the Gulf War in 91. I don't know what their armament was then.

I was part of an AV-8B squadron at the time, and the OV-10 squadron was attached to our MAG ashore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast