• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry is more than open carry

sudden valley gunner

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
If you ever want to get the OC message out, try walking into a state court wearing an EMPTY holster !!! LOL, let's just say they noticed.
I have...I use the lockboxes at our courthouses here all the time. And have stood in front of a few judges with an empty holster.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Or, if you're feeling really frisky, the FEDERAL courthouse !!!
They sure were curious..............
LOL...I bet...I have yet to empty holster there...but I have in our local Federal Building andIRS's offices.

Alexcabbie

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
If you ever want to get the OC message out, try walking into a state court wearing an EMPTY holster !!! LOL, let's just say they noticed.
I have...I use the lockboxes at our courthouses here all the time. And have stood in front of a few judges with an empty holster.
In most Virginia courtrooms only the Bailiff (and the judge) are allowed to carry. So it isn't so unusual.Most of our courtrooms don't have lockboxes though; except for the LEOs.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The only reason I was even there in the first place was to PERSONALLY file suit against the Gonzales PD after they made the mistake of arresting me for OC'ing !!!
You did this without a Lawyer? Maybe I should too.

MatieA

imported post

Mo.Co. Original wrote:
Haha, yeah I dont take my holster off in places that are no carry, I do occasionally get some looks, I think it makes a pretty good statement
I too believe that it makes a statement, I never remove my holster when entering the School, or Post Office, or State Capitol (I have had no reason to enter a courthouse), and I get the most questionsand odd looks whenI am seen with an empty holster versus a full one.

KansasMustang

imported post

So Mark Edward, I'm not going to sully your name nor will I endeavor to besmirch your real life experiences, but I want to know where TF you get off calling antone a slave? I'm just wondering since you're such a billy bad ass how many lives you've taken? Or how many fire-fights you've been in. Don't judge a man til you've walked a mile in his moccasins.
And NEVER,,,ever call me a slave. Just me wondering how many years you were in a combat zone is all.
Keep your powder dry!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've been carrying for almost 15 months, now. I OC everyday, everywhere I go that is legal. I have yet to have a negative encounter with anyone over it.All comments about my sidearms are very positive or inquisative. I don't know where this "majority" of anti-gun folks are but they sure aren't where I live.

In fact, I was thanked for being armed one time, while at a TEA Party in down town Nashville, at Legislative PLaza.

I agree with Mike that OC is more than just excercising our 2A Rights. It's an excercise in Independence, Self-reliance, and Self-determination. If some folks can't handle that, it's just too damned bad.

MatieA

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
<snipI'm just wondering since you're such a billy bad ass how many lives you've taken? Or how many fire-fights you've been in. >snip
What a silly statement to make. Why would anyone brag about such a thing??

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

If 95% of Amerikans are so outright supportive of OC, then why is it BANNED in some states and highly frowned upon by most others?
Why don't we see governors leading an OC march annually, to honor this right?
Or unconstitutional gun laws falling like leaves in the fall?
Could it be you're overlooking the MAJORITY of Amerikans who say nothing TO you, but are thinking, "the cops need to arrest this man, he scares me?"
The answer to this question is one word "conditioning" (translation = BRAINWASHING)

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

Crackshot wrote:

We do live in a democracy, right? Majority rules, and all that?

I sure hope we don't live in a "democracy!" A democracy is 2 wolves and one sheep voting on who to have for lunch! Or in other words where the majority gets to vote away the RIGHTS of the minority example 51% of the people voting away the RIGHTS of the 49%!Here in these united States of America we are suppose to have a Constitutional REPUBLIC (NOT a democracy)where the RIGHTS of the individual are supreme. Only individuals have RIGHTS! Groups, associations, collectives,Government agencies etc have privileges. However in practice todayAmerica is malfunctioningas a democracy instead of a REPUBLIC!

some simple solutions on how to restore our LIBERTY, FREEDOM& prosperityplease see http://www.QRZ.com/db/KB9QFH& http://www.SilverSnowball.com/2046

sudden valley gunner

imported post

NewZealandAmerican wrote:
Crackshot wrote:

We do live in a democracy, right? Majority rules, and all that?

I sure hope we don't live in a "democracy!" A democracy is 2 wolves and one sheep voting on who to have for lunch! Or in other words where the majority gets to vote away the RIGHTS of the minority example 51% of the people voting away the RIGHTS of the 49%!Here in these united States of America we are suppose to have a Constitutional REPUBLIC (NOT a democracy)where the RIGHTS of the individual are supreme. Only individuals have RIGHTS! Groups, associations, collectives,Government agencies etc have privileges. However in practice todayAmerica is malfunctioningas a democracy instead of a REPUBLIC!
+1

KansasMustang

imported post

MatieA wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
<snipI'm just wondering since you're such a billy bad ass how many lives you've taken? Or how many fire-fights you've been in. >snip
What a silly statement to make. Why would anyone brag about such a thing??
Silly statement? I know my body count? You appear to me a bleeding heart liberal. Did you serve your country in a combat zone?