• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield Armory NEW XDM 3.8

Dustin

imported post

http://www.springfield-armory.com/

external_56a.jpg

external_57a.jpg

external_61a.jpg

Dustin

imported post

Here's the e-mail a friend of mine got.

On Point Firearms: Are You On Point? newsletter message‏
From: evan@onpointfirearms.com (evan@onpointfirearms.com)
Sent: Tue 12/08/09 10:50 AM
To: mrbullred@hotmail.com

Dear mrbullred@hotmail.com,

Here is the latest news from On Point Firearms:

New Springfield XDM 3.8 For Sale!

Today is an exciting day for fans of the Springfield Armory XDM! The new 3.8in compact just debuted and On Point Firearms is your source. We have 4 units from the first shipment, scheduled to leave Springfield the week of 14 DEC 2009. They're all black and have full capacity 19rd magazines and a new slide serration pattern! That's a lot of firepower in a compact and concealable package. These are going to be huge sellers. You can be one of the first to own this new XDM and place your order today for only $555-- while supplies last! They're sure to go quickly.

Have a good rest of your week and God bless.
-- Evan

PeteXD

imported post

Being the owner of an original XDm 9mm and having graced the XDtalk forums i can tell you this: Springfield Armory didn't listen to their audience. Instead of putting out an XDm .45ACP, which was HIGHLY requested, they chop the nose off the current XDm. and IMHO, its ugly...

PeteXD

imported post

smash29 wrote:
Outside of the .380 being the caliber du jour is there really a big market for a new "full size" .380?  Seems that the demand is for pocket types such as the P-3AT, LCP, P380, and P238 and if your going to carry something the size of the 3.8 you could easily find a more powerful 9mm/.40 in virtually the same size package.  It may not hold 19 rounds but still...

Seems to be a niche offering by Springfield but I hope it works for them.  Maybe there will be hope yet for a 10mm XD?  I'll be first in line for one of those!
The new 3.8 inch XDm is only offered in 9mm and .40 cal.

curtiswr

imported post

What's the point? I was under the impression the XDm was more of a match grade gun... hence having the slightly longer barrel than the Service model XDs. So why make it shorter?

Why not give the XD crowd the .45 XDm they wanted?

Brian D.

imported post

To me this offering should have taken a back burner to not only the XDm in .45 acpas mentioned above, but also an XD of some kind in 10mm.

Chopping the barrel length down to 3.8" may have reduced weight, but didn't doanything about the rather bulky grip frame; if this new model was intended to be more concealable, Springfield Armory gets a grade of 'FAIL', from me at least.

zack991

imported post

PeteXD wrote:
Being the owner of an original XDm 9mm and having graced the XDtalk forums i can tell you this: Springfield Armory didn't listen to their audience. Instead of putting out an XDm .45ACP, which was HIGHLY requested, they chop the nose off the current XDm. and IMHO, its ugly...
this 100%

gsx1138

imported post

PeteXD wrote:
XDtalk forum member here as well. And I agree with everything you said.

M

McX

imported post

somebody find me something in a sweet .380? with pics. I need to drop down from the hipoint fullframe 40. something more of a precision instrument, and lessor size. Was hoping to stay away from the nine. need ideas for calibers.