• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville range?

rhenriksen

imported post

I'm visiting this weekend; friend of mine moved to Louisville from Houston a couple of months ago. We're hoping to visit a range this weekend, and was hoping for some recommendations. Google Maps shows that Bluegrass is within 7 or 8 miles, and indoors. A little more expensive than I'm using to paying in Houston, but looks clean/friendly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

RNH

MgoBlue

imported post

We've got two indoor ranges here in Louisville. Bluegrass, as you mentioned, is right off the Watterson Expressway (Newburg Rd. exit). It's ok to shoot at -- though I don't like the ventilation system in the range area and therefore don't make it a habit to shoot there. I know, it's just a strange habit I have not breathing in all of that lead! The other indoor range is east of Louisville in Crestwood. Open Range is the nicest range around -- but it is also more expensive than Bluegrass. I'm a member at Open Range and shoot there on a regular basis. With the weather we've recently had, I'll assume you likely won't want to shoot outdoors! If you're interested, there is a large gun show at the State Fairgrounds this weekend. Enjoy your time in Louisville!

http://www.bluegrassrange.com/index1.php

http://www.openrangesports.com/

rhenriksen

imported post

Thanks! I called Bluegrass earlier, and it might be pretty busy on a Saturday afternoon. Is OpenRange big enough that there's not a line for lanes on Saturday, or is that wishful thinking?

MgoBlue

imported post

You won't have any problems at Open Range. It's larger than Bluegrass. I was there this past Saturday and they opened up their second room of shooting bays in the pistol area . . . but, still there were a number of lanes available. As far as the nice guns that they have for sale at Open Range, look but don't buy! Their prices for the guns are also on the high side. lol!