• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should I have my barrel recrowned?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

This is my 1911 barrel and I didn't notice this till last night when I was cleaning it. Should I get it recrowned? I have no idea how this happened. I baby the heck out of this gun. :?

16259_1173288023696_1572900686_30766356_7296513_n.jpg

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you plan on shooting a lot of silhouette matches at over 250 meters then Yes. If you are carrying it for self defense then the tiny alteration in accuracy that this is likely to create is insignificant. You might be talking about half inch at 50 meters. That is just a little over one bullet width.

Regards

ODA 226

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
If you plan on shooting a lot of silhouette matches at over 250 meters then Yes. If you are carrying it for self defense then the tiny alteration in accuracy that this is likely to create is insignificant. You might be talking about half inch at 50 meters. That is just a little over one bullet width.

Regards
Holy doggypoo! Hawkflyer and I agree again!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

Regards
Holy doggypoo! Hawkflyer and I agree again!

Well this has got to stop it's starting to ruin my reputation.:lol:

Dave Workman

imported post

"Should I have my barrel recrowned?"

Uhhhh, well...I've never "quite" heard it explained like that before, but if it feels good for you...

:D:lol::D:lol:

Dave Workman

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Dave Workman wrote:
"Should I have my barrel recrowned?"

Uhhhh, well...I've never "quite" heard it explained like that before, but if it feels good for you...

:D:lol::D:lol:

You are confusing crowning a bore with polishing a torpedo.:lol:

Oh THAT'S what you call it, eh?

:lol: