• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Farmington Open Carry

MDA_II

imported post

Anyone else around town open carry ?

Besides a few gun shop owners and a few guys at the Tea Parties I rarely (if ever) see it, besides me.

I do it alot and have never had any problems from business or LEO's.

Maybe we should all start a meet at Starbucks (or the 'coffee bistro' in Aztec...that would get people educated...:celebrateLoL)

SPRINGFIELDMAN-21

i have actually been feeling the same way i never see anyone OCing here. i just bought my first hand gun about 2 months ago and ive been OCing around farmington ever since. ive gotten alot of funny looks but never been harassed by anyone. and i would be interested in a OC gathering i think it would be a very good thing to educate some people on OC

bigtwig01

I OC when I can. I have had afew people point me out and have heard them saying afew things after I pass by. I think it more of the fact I am native american that I get this extra attention. Only thing I that bothers me is no carry at the mall, my daughter likes to spend time at the mall just to walk around and browse. So that means I have to take off my holster for that...