• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USA CIVILIAN FEDERAL POLICE FORCE FOR USE IN THE USA

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

http://www.rand.org/pubs/monographs/2009/RAND_MG819.pdf

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/news/nl/disp.aspA Stability Police Force For the United States[font=Verdana,Arial,Helv]
[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helv]Submitted by:[/font][font=Verdana,Arial,Helv] Larry
[/font]

There is 1 comment on this story
PostComments | ReadComments

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helv]"This project investigates the need for a U.S. Stability Police Force, the major capabilities it would need if created, where in the federal government it would best be headquartered, and how it should be staffed. In doing so, it considers options based in the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Justice, and State. The project was conducted for the U.S. Army’s Peacekeeping and Stability Operations Institute (PKSOI). Its purpose was to make recommendations to PKSOI, the Army, and the community of rule-of-law researchers, practitioners, and policymakers on the need for (and characteristics of) a U.S. Stability Police Force." ...
[/font]

Alexcabbie

imported post

OH MY HEAD :banghead:

Where to begin? The Rand Corp. is a "think tank" hired to knock around ideas (something like we do on this forum, but for money). The Army hired them to knock around this lunacy.

Notably the "Stability Police" proposal is compared to Spain's La Guardia Civil, which in the days of Franco was a feared hand of oppression (I am a fan of the poetry of Federico Garcia-Lorca; who was murdered by La Guardia for his opinions). While they were at it, they might have also mentioned the OrdnungPolizei (Order Police or ORPO) of Nazi Germany who served much the same function.

Also notable is how little talk there is about the Constitution (although one diagram puts everything under a nebulous entity called "Rule of Law")

Frankly this study, like Obamacare, "Cap and Trade" (and the recent EPA announcement of intention to implement it by bureaucratic fiat) and "commn sense gun control" is not about enssuring stability anymore than Obamacare is about providing health care or "cap and trade" is about "climate change" or "Sensible" gun control is about ensuring public safety. At least the study makes no bones about it. Unlike these other idiot perversions of government, the study candidly admits that the goal is the control of the populace.

How refreshingly f&(kingly honest. :banghead:

(edit for clarity bolded and itlicized)

The Donkey

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote: Like these other idiot perversions of government, the study candidly admits that the goal is the control of the populace.

How refreshingly f&(kingly honest. :banghead:

But this study seems to be focused on controlling a foreign populace in a small country where civil society has broken down -- something our military has tried to do with mixed success. They are not cops.

Seems like this proposal is fraught with problems -- but would not as much threaten US civil liberties as existing federal police forces that focus on the domestic arena.

Personally, never much liked the idea ofa centralizedDepartment of Homeland Security: glad that the FBI have a home outside of that agency.

Flyer22

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I never much liked the idea of a centralized "Homeland".
Yep when Bush announced his "homeland" security, made me shiver, too much like "fatherland" etc.
This makes me curious. I know that certain countries tend to be associated with those terms--Germany with "fatherland," Russia with "motherland," etc. But I've always viewed it as simply those cultures' way of expressing patriotism.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
I never much liked the idea of a centralized "Homeland".
Yep when Bush announced his "homeland" security, made me shiver, too much like "fatherland" etc.
This makes me curious. I know that certain countries tend to be associated with those terms--Germany with "fatherland," Russia with "motherland," etc. But I've always viewed it as simply those cultures' way of expressing patriotism.

It is also a way of putting your country's interest above your own or what is even right.

If we look at history, the modern notion of patriotism wasn't really instilled until WWI.

Tawnos

imported post

Idaho Cowboy:
8) General: No shouting in All Capital Letters. Use "substantially proper" capitalization, punctuation, and grammer as best you can. Use of abbreviations and acronymns shold be minimized and always defined.

And jpierce: you misspelled grammar, acronyms, and should ;)

Huck

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote: But this study seems to be focused on controlling a foreign populace in a small country where civil society has broken down
Maybe, maybe not. I see it as something the beltway marxists would use here anytime there's so called"civil disturbances', like "TEA parties".

There's absolutely nothing good about this.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Huck wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote: But this study seems to be focused on controlling a foreign populace in a small country where civil society has broken down
Maybe, maybe not. I see it as something the beltway marxists would use here anytime there's so called"civil disturbances', like "TEA parties".

Donkey wrote that, not me. This study is clearly aimed at the feasability of creating a national "ordnungspolizei" right here in the USA; and although it is just a bunch of eggheads in a think tank spouting goofy ideas, these eggheads were comissioned to mull this particular goofy idea by the U.S. Army.

Where Donk got the idea that the study was focused on "foreign populations" I don't know. It is very clear on even a cursory reading that it is aimed at analyzing the feasability of controlling United States Citizens in the - ahem - Homeland.

In any case, Huck ol' buddy; please don't attribute Donkey's words to me. :)

Tomahawk

imported post

McX wrote:
So I understand this right, the government is going to empower common citizens, to ride roughshod over common citizens?!

And this is different how?

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/yeYg0qCn11U&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

The Donkey

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Huck wrote:

Donkey wrote that, not me. This study is clearly aimed at the feasability of creating a national "ordnungspolizei" right here in the USA; and although it is just a bunch of eggheads in a think tank spouting goofy ideas, these eggheads were comissioned to mull this particular goofy idea by the U.S. Army.

Where Donk got the idea that the study was focused on "foreign populations" I don't know. It is very clear on even a cursory reading that it is aimed at analyzing the feasability of controlling United States Citizens in the - ahem - Homeland.

In any case, Huck ol' buddy; please don't attribute Donkey's words to me. :)

I get it from the executive summary where the authors talk about the advisability of using the force exclusively in countries with populations of 20 million or less.