• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid question # 2,435

Rusty

Flyer22

imported post

Frosty_In_CA wrote:
Sorry, I am a sovereign. This whole, "it doesn't apply to you" thing, doens't work for me.

So how do you work out your use of public roads? Do you have a treaty with your place of residence?

And how does your "sovereign" status affect your payment of sales tax, phone tax, etc.? Do you have treaties to cover those things?

wewd

imported post

Frosty_In_CA wrote:
Sorry, I am a sovereign. This whole, "it doesn't apply to you" thing, doens't work for me.

While I agree with you, there are men with guns who own prisons, and they will either kill you or lock you up if you don't follow their rules. They have put themselves into high positions and convinced the majority of the people that they have the power to rule over them. You are always free to challenge them, but it may be very costly for you to do so.

coolusername2007

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The whole incorporation thing is a joke.....the ammendments were meant to apply to anyone in any state of the union.

Damn politicians ....
...and lawyers! Seems the phrase "Supreme law of the land" doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
The whole incorporation thing is a joke.....the ammendments were meant to apply to anyone in any state of the union.

Damn politicians ....
...and lawyers! Seems the phrase "Supreme law of the land" doesn't amount to a hill of beans.
...lol I had put lawyers in and then withdrew it because there is some hope with guys such as Mike passing his bar. I agree though and I have had enought dealings with lawyers to know what is right, fair or just is not a concern to most, and they view all contracts as negotiable including our constitution and laws.