• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC membership survey

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

This thread is for NON MOC members.

I am gathering information on our membership program. Many of you have been to the MOC gatherings and some of you are new to the forum. I would like to know from those of you who are NOT members of MOC, Inc, why that is.

You can PM me any feedback, opinions, ideas, etc. This information will help us better serve our current members and you, our potential members, in the future.

Of course curent members feedback is ALWAYS welcome too!

No matter what the reason is please PM me as much information as possible so that we can better serve you.

Thanks!

autosurgeon

imported post

For me the main reason I joined was the lack of good old boy sit around and moan about the problems syndrome... instead folks seemed ready to jump in and get things done!

And if you need support with a problem in a certain area the core group as well as many of the newer folks are ready and willing with whatever they can do to help... even if it's just a kind word or encouragement!

I have always been a history buff and enjoyed the history surrounding the founding of our great republic and this just seemed a group that was in tune with the founding fathers and their vision of OUR freedom!

I encourage those of you who have not joined MOC to do so if you are able as together we make a much bigger statement than individually.

Of course I understand that times are rough for many of you right now... and if all you can do is write letter s and make phone calls and attend govt. meetings in your area that is wonderful too! Remember the more we get involved and the more they see us and hear us the more power we take back!!

OUR govt is sopposed to be government of the people, by the people, for the people NOT of the govt for the govt!!!

EM87

imported post

I am not a member because I don't know what the benefits of being a member are. Are they worth the cost? Obviously, for some people they are. I would be interested in learning what I get for the money spent to become a member.

T Vance

imported post

I joined as a paying member because I knew the money was going to a positive cause. I don't care if I get any that has monetary value in return, or even an inanimant object.

This group attracted me because people were not arguing on here over petty things, but instead mostly stuck to the facts. This group has also taught me so many things I was unaware of besides that OC is legal in our state (ie. FOIA's, don't have to present ID to LEO's in certain circumstances, remided me of my 2,4,& 5 rights, and much, much more).

I have belonged to several other forums over the years that relate to other topics, and never wanted to meet the people that belonged to them in real life. Since joining this group I have made numerous friends on here that I truely enjoy talking to and hanging out with.

Keep up the good, hard work everyone!

cabman1

imported post

off topic for just a min I say its cold out tonight.

I joined for most the same reasons tvance and autosurgeon did and I can say it was money well spent.there are some perks to being a paid member.Ill tell you I have learned alot and spent time teaching alot about the rtba.Most of all I can honestly say that I have made some true friends on here .

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I am not a member because I don't like having my real name associated with certain things.

I like to fly under the radar incase SHTF.

Being disabled, I would be frustrated with my limited ability to contribute.

For any NPO that accepts money or donations, I'm a firm believer in an open book policy. Even though I generally trust most organizations and personally investigate them as much as I can before handing over any funds, it's still nice to see the straight forward honesty of where funds go.

Hope this helps.

Michigander

imported post

My reasoning is pretty much the same as everyone elses.

However, I do feel the need to add that we don't have as many perks as we should for members. A full blown discount program at gun shops and other businesses across the state would be wonderful, and would give a lot more people reasons to join.

Much more ambitious, but still doable, would be a legal defense and law suit fund available to any member who is targeted by clearly wrongful LE action. THAT would be an appealing reason to join, perhaps even for folks who don't care about OCing. But of course that's a ways off, and by the time that would be doable, police will have probably learned to leave us alone.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
My reasoning is pretty much the same as everyone elses.

However, I do feel the need to add that we don't have as many perks as we should for members. A full blown discount program at gun shops and other businesses across the state would be wonderful, and would give a lot more people reasons to join.

Much more ambitious, but still doable, would be a legal defense and law suit fund available to any member who is targeted by clearly wrongful LE action. THAT would be an appealing reason to join, perhaps even for folks who don't care about OCing. But of course that's a ways off, and by the time that would be doable, police will have probably learned to leave us alone. We are planing a annual membersip get together/meeting to discuss any thing the memmbers want.
Good comments, keep them coming.

We are working on getting more perks for your money, but on the other hand a student can join for $10 and gets all the perks of the regular members at $20. Which by the way is not a lot for a membership. We are less than 8 months old.Were are growing and learning.

Remember it's not what the organization does for you personally but RKBA in general. If $20 is to much to join MOC, Inc. then continue the fight as an individual, but keep in mind there is strength in numbers as well as increased funds to reach our goals. The larger our membership the more likely legislator will listen to us and the more likely we are to get businesses to give discounts.

TylerJ87

imported post

I have not become a member yet because I am currently in Kentucky

I plan on attending events and the MOC CPL class once I return to Michigan and depending on howI interact with the group I am considering becoming a member

Bronson

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I joined as a paying member because I knew the money was going to a positive cause. I don't care if I get any that has monetary value in return, or even an inanimant object.

This group attracted me because people were not arguing on here over petty things, but instead mostly stuck to the facts. This group has also taught me so many things I was unaware of besides that OC is legal in our state (ie. FOIA's, don't have to present ID to LEO's in certain circumstances, remided me of my 2,4,& 5 rights, and much, much more).

I have belonged to several other forums over the years that relate to other topics, and never wanted to meet the people that belonged to them in real life. Since joining this group I have made numerous friends on here that I truely enjoy talking to and hanging out with.

Keep up the good, hard work everyone!
What he said :)

Money makes the world go 'round. If there is a cause I believe in I try to get them something.Higher membership numbers and more money gives them the clout and the resources they need.

Just as a point of interest I am a martial arts practitioner and in order to hold my rank I must be a member of our certifying organization. This costs me $35.00 a year. The monthly dues at my instructor's school costs$40.00 per month. My instructor certification costs me $20.00 every two years. I believe the fee for my next rank test is around $200.00. The fee to havethe school where I teach affiliated with the organzation is $200.00 per year. The only tangibles I receive for all of this moneyare a quarterly electronic newsletter and a $10.00 discount at any seminars (which I RARELY attend). I do all of my teaching on a volunteer basis at a schoolover 20 miles away that is a non-profit school where all the instructors volunteer their time.

What I get for my time and money is the privilege of more responsibility and more hard work :D I willingly and even gladly give the money and time and accept the responsibility because I enjoy and believe in what we do.

I also enjoy the conversations, knowledge, willingness to help, and the people I've met on MIOC and believe in what they are trying to do so I willingly and gladly give them my money to help fight the good fight.

Bronson

WARCHILD

imported post

Well said Bronson, very good point made. Not all join an organization for monetary or recognition returns. It's in support of the cause and our beliefs in them.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

I just mailed my check in 2 days ago to join. For the $20 for a standard membership to be associated with others who will fight for our rights, that's a deal. To me it was as simple as not going out to eat instead send the check in to MOC. For the cost of dinner out I get to be an active part in educating the public and learning more for myself. Also I like that on the forums childish bickering is very low. Everyone realizes that bottom line we all are striving for the same goal.

manicdevery

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
I just mailed my check in 2 days ago to join. For the $20 for a standard membership to be associated with others who will fight for our rights, that's a deal. To me it was as simple as not going out to eat instead send the check in to MOC. For the cost of dinner out I get to be an active part in educating the public and learning more for myself. Also I like that on the forums childish bickering is very low. Everyone realizes that bottom line we all are striving for the same goal.
Welcome to the forum and MOCSprinklerguy28, have a happy holidays.