• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick Question, District Courts

holeinhead

imported post

I got a quick question regarding district courts. I have jury duty coming up, and I know about RCW 9.41.300 and how they have provisions to keep you gun while you're in the secured areas of the courthouse. However, does that apply to district courts? They are federal buildings, no? Or does that not matter?

Thanks!

kparker

imported post

Federal courts have no such requirement.

About a year ago I inquired of the Federal court in Seattle (I was considering attending some kind of seminar there). They do have handgun storage facilities but they are for law enforcement only.

j2l3

imported post

Yep, THAT one is Federal... I do not believe they provide facilities for your weapon. Being federal, the state law doesn't apply to them.

holeinhead

imported post

The question is, will that get me out of jury duty? :p

Nah, I don't mind it really. Just sucks I don't get paid since I can't work until it's over. Thanks for the "suggestions," but I'm not sure I want to pick this time and place for any kind of protest. I want to get it over with as soon as I can so I can get back to work.

tyguy808

imported post

I think I heard, once upon a time, that you do get paid for jury duty. It's probably something really stupid like $25/day. But, better than nothing, I suppose.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
I think I heard, once upon a time, that you do get paid for jury duty. It's probably something really stupid like $25/day. But, better than nothing, I suppose.

Last time I was on jury duty it was $10/day. My employer had a policy that I could turn that $10 over to them, and they gave me my regular pay for the day.

FedwyCC

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:

this is true and it is only $10 per day. i had it for three days and it cost me $45 to park total and i got a check for $30. great way to miss out on more money i could have been making at work.

amzbrady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Gray Peterson wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Wear your empty holster.
With 2 extra mags too.

Except that's likely going to net an arrest on your part.
The mags not the holster, right?
They could arrest you for carring 2 mags and an empty holster?

sudden valley gunner