• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CNN and Larry King Live disgusts me.

Sleepless

imported post

I just heard a 911 tape that they played on Larry King Live.

The poor woman was really frantic on the tape because a guy was screaming and kicking in the door of her house, she is heard on the tape that she doesn't want to kill him but if he comes in then she will have to shoot and kill him but she doesn't want to kill him or something to that effect and she begs the 911 operator to tell the cops to hurry.

You hear him finally break down the door and as he breaks down the door and comes in she shoots and hits him and she tells the operator that she just shot and hit him when he came in.

This by itself doesn't say much because it is a 911 tape of a woman who killed a person who was breaking down the door and she did it to protect herself.

BUT what really disgusts me is the text on the bottom of the TV which said:

Vigilante Justice?

How can it be Vigilante Justice if the guy is standing outside her house kicking in her door and he gets inside before the cops can arrive, by the time they came to her she could already be dead or severely injured if the person had any weapon on him or used something from inside the house.

I am currently contemplating emailing CNN and asking them that if the editor was in the same position, would he or she just sit there and let the criminal do whatever he wanted which could possibly include rape and/or murder or if the editor would prevent the criminal from being able to get inside the house and attack him or her.

I created this thread so that we could talk about this kind of thing, how frequent is it that news channels show where a person defended his or her life and the news channel tries to tell people that what the person did was wrong and that the person should just let the criminal kill them instead.

Ok I might be going off the deep end a bit but to me this is what CNN has done, they have told people that shooting and killing a person who is breaking down the door and entering is wrong and shouldn't be done and that they should just wait for the police to arrive and let the criminal do whatever he wants until the police arrives.

Has anybody else seen this on Larry King Live and what is your thoughts on what you saw and anybody who hasn't watched it, I want to hear your thoughts on this too because together if we all write the different channels and voice our outrage it is possible to stop it from happening again.

Dreamer

imported post

Gun Control:

The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
These mainstream media maggots are part of a nearly-century-old world-wide psy-op to brainwash the general population that individual survival instincts, self-reliance, and personal responsibility are all traits that need to be removed from the human psyche.

This is part of the new mentality of "global interdependnce" that is being pushed.

Rather than foster independence, personal responsibility and resourcefulness, and free, creative thought, the proponents of the "new utopia" wish to establish a system based on a world of absolute dependence on "authorities" to provide everything for us all--food, housing, education, medical "care", and personal security and safety.

They have succeeded, in large part, in countries like the UK, and in many big cities in the US. Weasels like Larry King have gotten where they are by lining up behind this evil scam, and are rewarded generously for their blind service to their masters wills. Nobody can say, with a straight face, that Larry King, and those in the media of his ilk, got where they are based on their journalistic skills, that's for sure.

There is only one reason why the "powers that be" would want to remove the individual survival instinct from the general population--you do the math...

Remember the words of Benjamin Franklin any time some talking head in the media or in the political arena starts speaking of "interdependence":
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Gun Control:

The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
These mainstream media maggots are part of a nearly-century-old world-wide psy-op to brainwash the general population that individual survival instincts, self-reliance, and personal responsibility are all traits that need to be removed from the human psyche.

This is part of the new mentality of "global interdependnce" that is being pushed.

Rather than foster independence, personal responsibility and resourcefulness, and free, creative thought, the proponents of the "new utopia" wish to establish a system based on a world of absolute dependence on "authorities" to provide everything for us all--food, housing, education, medical "care", and personal security and safety.

They have succeeded, in large part, in countries like the UK, and in many big cities in the US. Weasels like Larry King have gotten where they are by lining up behind this evil scam, and are rewarded generously for their blind service to their masters wills. Nobody can say, with a straight face, that Larry King, and those in the media of his ilk, got where they are based on their journalistic skills, that's for sure.

There is only one reason why the "powers that be" would want to remove the individual survival instinct from the general population--you do the math...

Remember the words of Benjamin Franklin any time some talking head in the media or in the political arena starts speaking of "interdependence":
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

:exclaim:
Yep.

paramedic70002

imported post

And she must have "taken the law into her own hands" too.

No, she took her life and self defense into her own hands.

The law never entered the equation. They aren't going to charge a corpse with a crime.

UtahJarhead

imported post

Taken from: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/09/lkl.01.html

KING: I want to get in one more quick thing.

JILLETTE: It's a dangerous job.

KING: We may have a comment on this. It's away from the topic. But earlier this month, an Oklahoma woman shot and killed an intruder who crashed through her back patio door. She was on the phone to a 911 operator when she did it. Here's part of that call.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You need to hurry. He is going to break this thing open. When he does, I'll have to kill him, ma'am. And I don't want to kill him.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Can you understand what he is saying at all?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Boy, he is crazy.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Ma'am?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hurry. Dear god, hurry. I haven't shot yet. Hurry.

Can you -- oh, my god.

I shot him going out front I hit him. God help me. Oh, please, dear god, I think I have a killed him. Please, father in heaven. Please, father in heaven. Oh, my god.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: What do you make of that, Ben?

STEIN: It is an extremely touching and overwhelming. It's just overwhelming. I say it is overwhelming.

KING: Tanya, different age we live in?

ACKER: Absolutely. My god, just the fact that she had such conscience over killing somebody breaking into her house. My heart goes out to her.

KING: Talk about a reality show, Penn. How about that?

JILLETTE: Is heartbreaking. I don't know if it shows anything about our times changing. It is -- I think horrible things like this have always happened. It is very hard to listen to.

MILLER: Yeah.

KING: But we can now, Stephanie, play a 911 tape.

MILLER: Well, you know, it reminds me of those pictures of the president at Dover Air Force Base. I think it is always a good moment when we can really think about the cost of a human life, whatever the situation is.

KING: Ben, you're a speech writer. We got about 20 seconds. Do you expect a great speech in Oslo?

STEIN: I think a very good speech. His last speech about Afghanistan was his best speech, and I expect this one to be better.

KING: Thank you all very much, as always. Sting has written exclusively for us about his favorite Christmas memories. Go to CNN.com/LarryKing and read all about it. Right now is Anderson Cooper, "AC 360" starts right now. Anderson?

Seems pretty neutral on Larry's part. His guests were EXTREMELY sympathetic towards the woman and had no negative comments. Seems the only thing 'negative' were the subtitles.