• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hard Times Cafe Manassas This Saturday (1/02) at 9PM

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nova wrote:
bump for the weekend. I should be there.

Saturday, 1/2/2010

Hard Times Cafe

Manassas

2100 (9pm)
Is this the Hard Times that is in the same parking lot as the Charbroil Grill off of Opitz?

chiliman

imported post

joeamt wrote:
nova wrote:
bump for the weekend. I should be there.

Saturday, 1/2/2010

Hard Times Cafe

Manassas

2100 (9pm)
Is this the Hard Times that is in the same parking lot as the Charbroil Grill off of Opitz
No. We are in Manassas on Sudley Rd (rt 234 business) in the shopping center with Best Buy, across from Logan's Roadhouse.

We own the Woodbridge location too and will have the UFC in both.

Randy

chiliman

imported post

Also realize, $5 cover starts at 9p and we get packed for UFC so I'd suggest getting settled in a bit early.

Randy.

IanB

imported post

Well my guests who are driving from MD just outvoted me on going to manassas. I'll be going with them to watch the fight in ballston. Y'all have fun and next time I'll only make plans for myself so I can go to hard times.

mpg9999

imported post

So who all is going? I don't want to drive all the way to Manassas from Alexandria if no one is going to be there.

nova

imported post

Good seeing everyone tonight...good OC education experience too
(you're not a cop? :shock: ) turned into (I feel safe knowing you guys are here :))

Nice meeting you Randy :cool:

VaLiberty

imported post

chiliman wrote:
We get packed for UFC but give me a round about number and I'll try to put some tables together for you ahead of time. It's going to be a crazy day. We have a Caps On Tap event from 4-8 right before UFC.

Randy
Does anyone know if the Hard Times in Springfield or Alexandria are as OC friendly? I was @ HT in Springfield last night for the UFC and would like to plan on watching there regularly.

nova

imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
chiliman wrote:
We get packed for UFC but give me a round about number and I'll try to put some tables together for you ahead of time. It's going to be a crazy day. We have a Caps On Tap event from 4-8 right before UFC.

Randy
Does anyone know if the Hard Times in Springfield or Alexandria are as OC friendly? I was @ HT in Springfield last night for the UFC and would like to plan on watching there regularly.
I don't know but I'm interested as well. I used to go there regularly a few years ago because my friends always picked that location.

chiliman

imported post

Good to meet you too. Sorry if I was a bit preoccupied, I was dealing with a bunch of little annoyances.

I am not part of the ownership of the Fairfax or Springfield locations. Those are corporate locations. We'd love having you back but the president of the company has stated support for OC in the past. There will not be an issue there.

Randy

nova

imported post

chiliman wrote:
Good to meet you too. Sorry if I was a bit preoccupied, I was dealing with a bunch of little annoyances.

I am not part of the ownership of the Fairfax or Springfield locations. Those are corporate locations. We'd love having you back but the president of the company has stated support for OC in the past. There will not be an issue there.

Randy
No problem. Only reason I used to go to the springfield loc. is their proximity to where my old friends lived. Good to know though that there shouldn't be a problem with OC though.

VaLiberty

imported post

nova wrote:
chiliman wrote:

Randy
No problem. Only reason I used to go to the springfield loc. is their proximity to where my old friends lived. Good to know though that there shouldn't be a problem with OC though.

Agreed - Very encouraging. I'll try and test the OC waters this week and report back.

mpg9999

imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
chiliman wrote:

Randy
Really? I was there too. How did you like that fight? The one at Hard Times, not the one on TV...

VaLiberty

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
VaLiberty wrote:
chiliman wrote:

Randy
Really? I was there too. How did you like that fight? The one at Hard Times, not the one on TV...
Its my understanding that the bleeder was hit with both a bottle over the head and a glass thrown at his face. The Hard Times bouncers were pretty late getting to the show, and they should probably take another look at how many heavies they keep on hand, especially for MMA events. A fight can always be found in a bar if you are looking hard enough, and I think its often more likely when MMA or boxing are on.

Whoever his friend was that kept him from pouncing on the guy probably kept his ass out of jail for the night. He looked like he was about to go on a rampage after the glass was thrown.

FFX County showed up a bit later, but of course they can't be everywhere all the time - when seconds count...

mpg9999

imported post

VaLiberty wrote:
Its my understanding that the bleeder was hit with both a bottle over the head and a glass thrown at his face. The Hard Times bouncers were pretty late getting to the show, and they should probably take another look at how many heavies they keep on hand, especially for MMA events. A fight can always be found in a bar if you are looking hard enough, and I think its often more likely when MMA or boxing are on.

Whoever his friend was that kept him from pouncing on the guy probably kept his ass out of jail for the night. He looked like he was about to go on a rampage after the glass was thrown.

FFX County showed up a bit later, but of course they can't be everywhere all the time - when seconds count...
Yeah, I saw liquid from a glass fly, then saw the guy covered in blood. Definitely a long response time from those bouncers. Apparently they were cousins.

10mm

imported post

I've OC'ed at the Springfield one. I carry everywhere except where unlawful to do so. If they have a problem they will ask you to leave. Then you leave (get the names of the manager and/or person who asked you to leave). Then write a letter and depending on what happens after that you can choose to not spend your money there. Then promptly post it on this board so we can do the same.