Thread: S&W M&P40c in a G26/27 Holster?

Post imported post

Hi, I was looking at the 3-Slot Leather Blackhawk holsters which they don't have for the S&W 40c. Would a S&W M&P 40c fit in a G26/27 leather holster? Does anyone know a similar holster for the M&P? The local custom Kydex company want's $90 to make one. Thank You.

Link:http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=212294

Post imported post

The best answer I could give you is maybe. The M&P is a little bit bigger than the 26/27 and is a bit smaller than the 19/23. The grip length isn't an issue, but the slightly longer slide may be, and I'm not sure about the ejection port.

Your best bet would to be to try and fit one in a glock holster before you buy a holster.

Post imported post

When the S&W M&P's first came out there wasn't much selection available. As I recall Glock 21 Blackhawk holsters were found to fit the slide width of the M&P. Might try a few and see.

Post imported post

I carry my MP .40c in a smart carry holster. It trades speed of draw for total concealment. I have heard alot of people prefer the CTact holster. Everything i hear about it says its really comfortable and its easy to put on and off.

You should check www.mp-pistol.com - its a good place to trade information about the mp guns.

Post imported post

Desantis makes holsters specifically for the M&P line. You can search there site for everything they have specific for the model you have. www.desantisholsters.com

Post imported post

Already have a SERPA for my M&P for OC. For concealment, I'm looking at http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=44
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

The S&W M&PCs fit some leather holster designed for Glock 29s and 30s. Galco makes a few for the M&PC as well.

My favorite holster right now is a Raven Concealment OWB for my M&P45. I ordered one for my Glock 19 as well.
    armorer & notary public for VA Arms Co FFL/SOT
    https://www.facebook.com/virginiaarmscompany