• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help wanted

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Moc,inc is looking for a new SE regional coordinator. If you are interested in the position please let us know. The board will review the list of candidates and nominate someone for the position.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

In this position you will represent moc,inc by organizing official events, help with presentations and help contribute to the growth of our company among many other things.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'd totally do it, but I don't have the ability to donate enough time to the cause.

I'll stick to doing what I can from the sideline (and from my desk at work ;) )

Hope there are others that can step up.

conservative85

imported post

JamesIan wrote:
Generaldet wrote:
So far sprinklerguy28 is interested. Anyone else?
There aren't a whole lot of us in SE, huh? I am not a memeber yet, but I'd be happy to help with events in this area.
I don't think you have to be a member, to be a coordinator, ask venator!

mikestilly

imported post

I would have been happy to help out in that manner but unfortunately I would be over committing myself and I definitely dont want to do a crappy job at it. So I'll be on the sidelines being myself. ;)

Generaldet

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Why don't we break up the S.E. area in to a three or four parts and divide the responsibilities.
The problem with splitting up the region is that there are not enough people stepping up to do that. The regional coordinator can enlist a deputy coordinator as needed to assist with the duties. That will come in handy in planning events that are not in their immediate location.

Banger

imported post

I wouldn't mind doing the western part of the SE Region if we were to split it up. Like Ann Arbor/Chelsea/Dexter. I could probably handle the entire region if necessary but that would be a more ideal area for me.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

In the beginning the regions were picked along political and geographic boundaries. We couldn't even get one person per region. The idea was to have one regional Coordinator and he/she would develop his/her region how he/she wants. Ideally one person for each county would be the goal.

So as for breaking up the regions it's fine as long as it's clear that the Regional Coordinator is in charge of the whole region and can have as many deputy coordinators as he can enlist. Just as long as the Board is informed ofwho is who and where.

SO if you would like to oversee a county or sub-region contact your coordinator.

conservative85

imported post

I'd be willing to try Genesee county coordinator, under a S.E coordinator in charge.

Could I have a deputy county coordinator?

Chain of command: Prez. Venator, Vice Prez. Generaldet, Regional. coordinator, Deputy Regional coordinator, County coordinator, deputy county coordinator.

Do you have to be a M.O.C. member to be coordinators of any kind?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I'd be willing to try Genesee county coordinator, under a S.E coordinator in charge.

Chain of command: Prez. Venator, Vice Prez. Generaldet, Regional. coordinator, Deputy Regional coordinator, County coordinator, deputy county coordinator.

Welcome, get together with John. I think if you are representing MOC, Inc. in some capacity like this you should be a member. Otherwise there would be no incentive to follow the chain of command.

Banger

imported post

Well I am definitely interested in having a serious role in promoting and developing MOC Inc. I enjoy the cause and I feel like my charismatic personality could be beneficial to the cause not to mention that I just graduated college with a marketing degree so I feel that "selling" MOC to people would be a fun challenge. As for being a member that is a formality, I am going to get with cabman and get that handled asap. (get ahold of me Gordon) I am prepared to take on whatever role you see fit and look forward to furthering the cause of not only open carrying but our second amendment rights.

Paul

Generaldet

imported post

Venator wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Welcome, get together with John. I think if you are representing MOC, Inc. in some capacity like this you should be a member. Otherwise there would be no incentive to follow the chain of command.
Agreed, all coordinators must be members of MOC. Including deputy coordinators. It wouldn't say much about our organization if your our coordinators were not even members.

mel5051

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Venator wrote:
conservative85 wrote:

Agreed, all coordinators must be members of MOC. Including deputy coordinators. It wouldn't say much about our organization if your our coordinators were not even members.
I'll be joining up at the Sunday dinner at Nat'l Coney Island Dec 20th, if there is someone there to take my money :p

Mel