• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Noveske KX3 Flash Suppressor?

Dreamer

imported post

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Noveske KX3 flash suppressor. It's designed to use on 22. and .223 rifles, and I was wondering if anyone has tried it on blowback operated .22 pistols.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...=kx3556p&cat=11&page=1&search=&since=&status=

My Walther P22 is a great little pistol, but the one thing about is is that it is only really reliable with "hot" rounds like CCI Velocitors and the like. They hae a lot of muzzle flash (for a .22) and produce a surprising amount of noise and a respectable muzzle front shock wave (for a .22).

I was thinking that the KX3 might be a good accessory, because it is supposed to be a very effective flash suppressor AND because of it's unique design, acoustically funnels more of the sound downrange (rather than "cracking" right out of the barrel).

I've written to Noveske, and they told me that they have never tried the KX3 on a pistol, and have not recommended it for pistol use, but they didn't tell me that it would be dangerous or could hurt my pistol. Seeing as how the P22 is a blowback-operated pistol, I don't see how any backpressure created by the KX3 could cause any problems, but before I plunk down close to $100 on one, I was just wondering if anyone had tried it on a pistol...

I'm planning to by an AR sometime soon, so I suppose even if the KX3 doesn't work with my Walther, I could always use it on a long gun as it was designed. But again, I was just wondering if anyone had tried it, or knew of anyone who has used the KX3 on a pistol...

Thanks in advance...