OC is fairly liberal down here in Georgia - only took 10 days to get my concealed carry license-but I'm making my first trip to Ohioas a firearms owner. I have a Georgia CC and a completely new attitude about owning and carrying firearms and part of that is that I do not
want to travel anywhere without a pistol and a rifle as well. My only actual carrying experience was many years ago when I was stationed at NAS Moffett Field and travelled to a range in the Santa Cruz hills on occasion. Back then I could carry my rifle, unloaded, in the back of my hatchback, as long as it was unloaded and visible. So since I'm coming up at Christmas time, I need to get up to speed at just what the "rules" are.
I don't have an Ohio license, but I will be visiting my sister two or three times a year, so some questions.
1. Being a Georgia resident, is it possible for an out-of-stater to get a CC permit?
2. How long will it take to do it long distance?
3. Do I have to have a license to drive through the state?
4. Without a carry permit, are firearms even allowed in the car?
5. If allowed, what are the requirements with respect to loaded? ammo separate somehow? separate enough so that I would be riddled with bullets before I could even respond to an attack?
6. Can I apply when I'm up there in about a week?
7. Any help would be appreciated.