• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kinda strang CC and OC today.

amzbrady

imported post

I picked my daughter up from school early, leaving my pistol in my glove box while I went in to get her fromthe elementary. Had to take her to a dr appt. Went to the dr appt CC no prob, had a few people wonder what the clunk was when I sat down on teh wood bench, no biggie. After the appt i figured I'd go to Express Personel and see what jobs they had theat paid more, than my unemployment. Low and behold they had me sign paper work, and drug test. So i go with the guy , and he says empty your pockets, take your jacket off, and pee in the cup. So I empty my pockets, and take my jacket off and then turn to him and say what about this, (while pointing to my pistol). He told me ya gotta leave that too but I'll be standing here the whole time. OK, better reaction than I figured coming from an employment place durning an interview. Best part was no lecture on carring to a job. Afterwards My daughter wanted to go eat so I took her to Kings Wok Buffet. Had my jacket off so consider that OC even though I have IWB holster, pretty much visible.the best part is, You know those snotty kids that parents let run rampant because they really arent parents, well no one noticed I was carrying until the little snot came up to me and pointed out my pistol. Went like this, "Mommy, Gun" and then he proceeded to start running around finger shooting everyone going "bang, bang". the Mother made him sit down and behave, while they hurried up and finished. Awesome way to get parents to parent their kid. I thought it was kind of funny that it was ok for her kid to bother everyone until her own fear kicked in, although nothing had changed,at my table. I went back to refill , as us fat guys do, and had another guy come up to me and asked why we cant shoot moms that let their kids run around like that. I told him that if I did then I would have to claim the kid. He laughed.

Metalhead47

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I picked my daughter up from school early, leaving my pistol in my glove box while I went in to get her fromthe elementary. Had to take her to a dr appt. Went to the dr appt CC no prob, had a few people wonder what the clunk was when I sat down on teh wood bench, no biggie. After the appt i figured I'd go to Express Personel and see what jobs they had theat paid more, than my unemployment. Low and behold they had me sign paper work, and drug test. So i go with the guy , and he says empty your pockets, take your jacket off, and pee in the cup. So I empty my pockets, and take my jacket off and then turn to him and say what about this, (while pointing to my pistol). He told me ya gotta leave that too but I'll be standing here the whole time. OK, better reaction than I figured coming from an employment place durning an interview. Best part was no lecture on carring to a job. Afterwards My daughter wanted to go eat so I took her to Kings Wok Buffet. Had my jacket off so consider that OC even though I have IWB holster, pretty much visible.the best part is, You know those snotty kids that parents let run rampant because they really arent parents, well no one noticed I was carrying until the little snot came up to me and pointed out my pistol. Went like this, "Mommy, Gun" and then he proceeded to start running around finger shooting everyone going "bang, bang". the Mother made him sit down and behave, while they hurried up and finished. Awesome way to get parents to parent their kid. I thought it was kind of funny that it was ok for her kid to bother everyone until her own fear kicked in, although nothing had changed,at my table. I went back to refill , as us fat guys do, and had another guy come up to me and asked why we cant shoot moms that let their kids run around like that. I told him that if I did then I would have to claim the kid. He laughed.
At least you didn't make him cry :dude:

.45ACPaddy

imported post

If it were a Hi-Point, the kid would have cried.

Just kidding! I'm considering getting one for range use. From what I've seen, people who own them really like them.

steble01

imported post

just out of curiosity........you do know that you can carry when picking up or dropping off your kid at school, right???? by you talking about CC i am assuming you have a CPL and that exempts you from the state "no weapons on school property" law

sudden valley gunner

imported post

steble01 wrote:
just out of curiosity........you do know that you can carry when picking up or dropping off your kid at school, right???? by you talking about CC i am assuming you have a CPL and that exempts you from the state "no weapons on school property" law
I carry but I don't enter the building, I don't think anyone has noticed yet, that might change when I pick 'em up on my motorcycle though.

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

I cc when I pick up my son at school. I know OC is legal and our inalienable right,etc, but if there's one place that would go bat-sh*t crazy about a gun, it would be a school. If someone want to be the guinea pig, by all means let me know how it goes.

tyguy808

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
I cc when I pick up my son at school. I know OC is legal and our inalienable right,etc, but if there's one place that would go bat-sh*t crazy about a gun, it would be a school. If someone want to be the guinea pig, by all means let me know how it goes.

I pick my kid up OC at Sunnyland Elementary in Bellingham. I've never had anyone say anything to me, but they probably never even noticed. I don't go around saying "Hey, look at my gun!"

kito109654

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
I open carry when picking up my 1st grade sister from Jefferson Elementary in Everett.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

...and I at Kulshan middle......I just don't think anyone has noticed. Or the police in this town don't want to bother with me right now.....lol.

amzbrady

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

Just kidding! I'm considering getting one for range use. From what I've seen, people who own them really like them.
Hi-Points don't make kids cry, Jimenez does.
I bought my 9mm highpoint for $145.00. I love it, very accurate gun. Hardly any recoil, he didnt have the 45 like I wanted, it wouldve been $155.00. I bought it as a throw away for at the beach here, Sand and Salt. As far as the elementaryschool, I only unholster and lock in glove box, if I'm going inside, otherwise who cares, noone can see my gun while im in my truck.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
another guy come up to me and asked why we cant shoot moms that let their kids run around like that. I told him that if I did then I would have to claim the kid. He laughed.

LMFAO

If you told me that I would probably be able to laugh all the calories off... and get a nice 6 pack while I'm at it...

That was awesome.

It would have been wonderful if the mom heard that lol.

FunkTrooper

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
well no one noticed I was carrying until the little snot came up to me and pointed out my pistol. Went like this, "Mommy, Gun" and then he proceeded to start running around finger shooting everyone going "bang, bang".
I had something similar happen earlier in the year when I was waiting at the barber shop and a father and son (who was about 3) came in and sat down. The kid came over to the toys they had near the magazines and he saw my gun, he went over to his dad and told him "that man has a gun daddy" the dad looked over saw my gun turned to his kid and said "yes he does have a gun" and that was that they didn't leave or anything.

FMCDH

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:

Thats silly, if it had been a Hi-Point, the kid would probably have yelled...

"Mommy, drill!"

;)

amzbrady

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

Thats silly, if it had been a Hi-Point, the kid would probably have yelled...

"Mommy, drill!"

;)
I should paint Ryobi on the side of mine. Nice thing about Highpoints beside the unlimited lifetime warranty, is you run out of bullets while in a gun fight you can throw it at them and knock them out.

amzbrady

imported post

steble01 wrote:
I jsut reread your post and you might want to clarify, I dont think you can enter a school CC with a CPL.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
steble01 wrote:
I jsut reread your post and you might want to clarify, I dont think you can enter a school CC with a CPL.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.280

9.41.280 gives a specific exception for one who holds a valid CPL to be able to carry while picking up and dropping of a student, but subsection (6) specifically makes carry inside of BUILDINGS not covered.

That being said, I would suggest you not be pushing it by simply strolling around the school grounds with a concealed pistol, as you would probably be required to show WHY you were there if confronted.

Also, as far as I understand this RCW, this doesn't give the CPL holder the legal protection to go to say....a school function, like a sports function or a school play or concert. I would say you are even stretching it to be carrying to a parent teach conference with may only last 10 or 15 minutes.

If you not going out of your way to meet the wording of the RCW on this, your taking your freedom into your own hands.

Edited for clarity.

amzbrady

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
steble01 wrote:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.280

9.41.280 gives a specific exception for one who holds a valid CPL to be able to carry while picking up and dropping of a student, but subsection (6) specifically makes carry inside of BUILDINGS not covered.

That being said, I would suggest you not be pushing it by simply strolling around the school grounds with a concealed pistol, as you would probably be required to show WHY you were there if confronted.

Also, as far as I understand this RCW, this doesn't give the CPL holder the legal protection to go to say....a school function, like a sports function or a school play or concert. I would say you are even stretching it to be carrying to a parent teach conference with may only last 10 or 15 minutes.

If you not going out of your way to meet the wording of the RCW on this, your taking your freedom into your own hands.

Edited for clarity.

Thats pretty much what I was thinking. I lock my weapon in my glove box if I am getting out of the truck at the school. I dont take any chances.