• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tire Shop Robber Shot by Armed Citizen (TX)

ocgso

imported post

Good for him.

I wonder if he could have had the firearm on in the open (illegal in TX) if he could have detered the situation altogether.

Guess we will never know.

CommonMan101

imported post

The fact he had a Concealed Handgun License had no bearingon his use ofthe gunbeing legal. Thatshould fall under - "useless trivia about this story" not a focal point of any relevence. Mentioning it like it means anything takes away from the fact one CAN defend himself legally without a permit involved in Texas.

You can strap one on open or concealed atyour place of business or at home in Texas if you have control and care of the property. His CHL was not needed in that situation for him to carry it or use it like he did.

When I see reporters make these irrelevent additional remarks it only serves to further re-inforcean "anti" mindset. By including it in this story one can be naturally led to the belief that a CHL was required, and that since he jumped thru that hoop for the Govt he MUST be OK, so therefore THAT"s what makes it OK that a gun was present at all - all Govt approved steps were followed -You can startforming a line on the left to comply please.... All the while legit uses by the public are curbed by this "anti" brainwashing prevailing.

I cringe every time I hear a reporter ask or describe about if a gun held by a private citizen was "registered". Once again normalizing the idea that they should be -

Avg sheep:"whaaat? There's no registration? Gosh I always thought there was so starting a registration can't be bad? right?"

P.S. OC is currently prohibited in the general public without some kind of commission from the State of Texas. On your own property you can carry however you want - no permits required.

buster81

imported post

I love how the store owner "opened fire" like he hada chain gun and was spraying bullets all over the place. How about he just shot to defend his life?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"No innocent victims were injured" What the hell does that mean?

Perhaps the befuddled reporter, like most reporters at a loss for words (letalone the facts), was probably just rehashingsome standard/typical cliches they use when reporting on police shootings. You know,stories about "trained" and "professional" LEOs hitting "innocent bystanders" or property with errant bullets ("collateral damage" as they do on too many occasions) instead ofan armed citizen who usually just hits his/her target -- the criminal.

;)

-- John D.