• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Gun Toters at City Hall"

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Cowardly quisling maggot yankee interlopers.

Go back to your liberal bastions and get the hell out of my Commonwealth.
As someone born and raised in NY and NJ, I find it a bit offensive that you are throwing the term "Yankee" into this. If you want to be proud of your Southern heritage, so be it, that's wonderful. Far too many times I've heard the term Yankee used in some sort of negative manner hereas if its someone's fault as to where they were born and raised. I don't see anyone running around here yelling "redneck" every five minutes. If you want to complain about the Council members and their stance on the topic, fine. Name calling only lowers us to the lowest common element and totally makes any valid argument worthless.

To that end, I'd be hard pressed to believe that any of these "yankee interlopers" who occupy "your Commonwealth" have ever lived north of the Mason-Dixon line. A little investigating may turn up the fact that each of them probably claims the same Southern roots that you do sir. Just because someone is from the North does not immediately validate themas card carrying patrons of the anti-gun movement and a threat to your beloved heritage.

Wylde, it seems from the numerous posts that I've read from you over these past months, that you'd like nothing more than to cut "your Commonwealth" from the rest of the U.S. and float it away to some magical land where you can preach revolt, sucession, militiasand some anti-police agenda....its a shame that you don't have more to contribute than that.

wylde007

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Wylde, it seems from the numerous posts that I've read from you over these past months, that you'd like nothing more than to cut "your Commonwealth" from the rest of the U.S. and float it away to some free land where you can preach revolt, secession, militiasand some anti-police state agenda... it's a shame that you don't have more to contribute than that.
Fixed a couple of things for you.

I wouldn't need to "preach" secession if the government would abide by the laws set down by our founders.

Virginia is the home and heart of the very beginnings of this country. When (not "if") the time comes, I hope she will once again be front-and-center in the struggle for liberty.

That "magical land" would be home to fundamental law an God-given rights as enumerated by the framers as they struggled to rid their theater of usurping, invasive, intrusive centralized government. Ever since its inception, those forces have quietly crept back in and established themselves in such a way as to make most any chance of rebuking them nearly impossible.

True Constitutional freedom would render any need for talk of "revolt", "militias" (the one and ONLY right and duty being deemed NECESSARY to the security of a free state) and anti-police-state moot.

It's a shame that I am unable to contribute any more to that end than I have thus far.

I use the term "yankee" in deference to their typical big-city mentalities, ones that were imported after the war by carpetbagging interlopers and federal government appointees. It also has shown that New Englander transplants to the South tend to attempt to supplant Southern conservative views with their own liberal agendas, not content to suffer in their own self-invented political quagmires.

If you're offended by me referring to northerners as yankees in a derogatory fashion then I've got nothing for you. You seem less like the yankees that I'm talking about, so unless you're lumping yourself in with them by proxy...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
Wylde, it seems from the numerous posts that I've read from you over these past months, that you'd like nothing more than to cut "your Commonwealth" from the rest of the U.S. and float it away to some free land where you can preach revolt, secession, militiasand some anti-police state agenda... it's a shame that you don't have more to contribute than that.
Fixed a couple of things for you.

I wouldn't need to "preach" secession if the government would abide by the laws set down by our founders.

Virginia is the home and heart of the very beginnings of this country. When (not "if") the time comes, I hope she will once again be front-and-center in the struggle for liberty.

That "magical land" would be home to fundamental law an God-given rights as enumerated by the framers as they struggled to rid their theater of usurping, invasive, intrusive centralized government. Ever since its inception, those forces have quietly crept back in and established themselves in such a way as to make most any chance of rebuking them nearly impossible.

True Constitutional freedom would render any need for talk of "revolt", "militias" (the one and ONLY right and duty being deemed NECESSARY to the security of a free state) and anti-police-state moot.

It's a shame that I am unable to contribute any more to that end than I have thus far.

I use the term "yankee" in deference to their typical big-city mentalities, ones that were imported after the war by carpetbagging interlopers and federal government appointees. It also has shown that New Englander transplants to the South tend to attempt to supplant Southern conservative views with their own liberal agendas, not content to suffer in their own self-invented political quagmires.

If you're offended by me referring to northerners as yankees in a derogatory fashion then I've got nothing for you. You seem less like the yankees that I'm talking about, so unless you're lumping yourself in with them by proxy...
Sounds like you have a grand master plan to fix it all......best of luck to you.

PavePusher

imported post

wylde007 wrote:

Go back to your liberal bastions and get the hell out of my Commonwealth. If "guns" in a public arena make you uncomfortable then you have no business being a public representative you cowering, sniveling, whining pansy.

Hey, easy on the "yankee" thing, friend...:D

Ya'll got Vemont carry yet? :lol:

(Says Pave, thinking fondly of Thetford, Vt)

P.S., Real Yankees (Maine, NH and Vermont) know to mind their own business and let others aprroach Hades in baskets of their own making. :celebrate

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Wasn't it wylde who not long ago took offense to,and asked us not to use the term "Redneck?" Why then is it okay to throw around offensive terms like "Yankee?"

I too was born in the North, Chicago to be exact...only I had the good sense to get out of there nearly 20 years ago...

American by birth...Virginian by CHOICE!

wylde007

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Sounds like you have a grand master plan to fix it all... best of luck to you.
Would that I did.:(

As condescending as I'm sure that was intended, I don't mind. The 2nd Amendment is merely one of the things that has been infringed upon by our oh-so-benevolent government.

If I get it worked out where a solution to all of our woes and conundrums becomes practicable, I'll be sure to put you on the notify list.:D

And, no. No Alaska/Vermont carry... yet. ;)

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Wasn't it wylde who not long ago took offense to,and asked us not to use the term "Redneck?" Why then is it okay to throw around offensive terms like "Yankee?"
You have me confused with someone else. My contention to "redneck" was that it was not originally a derogatory term and I took offense at it being hijacked, much like my country's flags, for purposes of denigration.

But thanks for playing!:D

Hendu024

imported post

PavePusher wrote:
wylde007 wrote:

Go back to your liberal bastions and get the hell out of my Commonwealth. If "guns" in a public arena make you uncomfortable then you have no business being a public representative you cowering, sniveling, whining pansy.

Hey, easy on the "yankee" thing, friend...:D

Ya'll got Vemont carry yet? :lol:

(Says Pave, thinking fondly of Thetford, Vt)

P.S., Real Yankees (Maine, NH and Vermont) know to mind their own business and let others aprroach Hades in baskets of their own making. :celebrate
+1

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, I am Southern AND Virginian by birth and I continue to be both by choice. Unfortunately the war between the states settled the question of secession. I know, I know it's in the constitution, but the fact is ain't nobody allowed to leave and that is that.

Now you guys can stand on your respective sides of the Mason/Dixion line shouting regional insults at each other all you want, but in my view the larger enemy presents itself in the form of those who would suppress the rights of ALL citizens of the country no matter where they were born. So you guys can either fight amongst yourselves, or you can set this 150 year old argument aside for the good of this nation and discuss how we will fix this mess together.

“We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” - Benjamin Franklin

Just the opinion of one old, VIrginia redneck, cracker.

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Well, I am Southern AND Virginian by birth and I continue to be both by choice. Unfortunately the war between the states settled the question of secession. I know, I know it's in the constitution, but the fact is ain't nobody allowed to leave and that is that.

Now you guys can stand on your respective sides of the Mason/Dixion line shouting regional insults at each other all you want, but in my view the larger enemy presents itself in the form of those who would suppress the rights of ALL citizens of the country no matter where they were born. So you guys can either fight amongst yourselves, or you can set this 150 year old argument aside for the good of this nation and discuss how we will fix this mess together.

“We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” - Benjamin Franklin

Regards
Blue and gray on the same side of the field, standing shoulder to shoulder against the common enemy. Now there is a pretty picture. :)

Yata hey

Glock27Bill

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
T Dubya wrote:

[align=left]“I support the right of people to bear arms to protect themselves,” a still seething Council Vice President Ellen F. Robertson, 6th District, said, “but I see no reason why people have to bring their weapons into an arena where there is no perceived threat.” “It wasn’t appropriate,” said Chris A. Hilbert, 3rd District, who lost his father to gun violence.
[/align]

If there were a "perceived threat", why would you go there to begin with? If everyone always knew where the threat would be we wouldn't need to carry guns. I guess violence never happens at council meetings? Oh wait.... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23059784

I've used that same agrument myself.

Anti: "Why do you need a gun here?"

Me: "Okay, Kresgin, you tell me where and when crimes will happen and I'll steer clear."

Tomahawk

imported post

"if people come armed to City Hall, we ought to be able to turn them away,” the council has no way to make that law, according to outgoing City Attorney Norman Sales.
Uh, no. You don't get to decide who gets to address their politicians, dirtbag.

Don't you just wish you could slap people like this? Wouldn't the feeling and the smacking sound feel sooooo good? And then to see your handprint in his cheek out in the stinging cold air?

Not that I would do that, of course. I'm just sayin'.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately.” - Benjamin Franklin

Regards
Ride till we find them... and kill them all.
Herger the Joyous

Infidel

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Even the silly Geese in Richmond know the truth. Why doesn't City Hall?

cobb7.jpg
That's a great shop Peter. Can't even tell theirs a plane there.

Infidel

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
The concern is that you folks will perceive THEM as a threat. From their attitude, perhaps they ARE the actual threat.

Clearly these people are aware that the purpose behind the second amendment is to provide the citizens a means to cast off a tyrannical government. Since they clearly fit that description, why would you expect them to act in a way different then they have. :cuss:

Of course they are afraid of you. They are the virus and you are the cure.:banghead:
Richmond City Council is THE PERCIEVED THREAT!