Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Ready NYC Shootout will blame Virginia Gun Dealers

Post imported post

A shootout in NYC will beblamed on Virginia Gun Dealers and gun laws. Stand by...

From the story:

Investigators were trying to determine whether Martinez was selling illegal weapons before he was fatally wounded in the taxi area of the landmark Marriott Marquis hotel. They say the gun he fired was reported stolen in Richmond, Va., on Oct. 28.

"We keep getting this lesson every day," said Bloomberg. "If you think of all the publicity about the terrible tragedy of Virginia Tech, we have a Virginia Tech in this country every day. It's just spread across 50 states."

Police say Martinez was carrying several business cards linked to Virginia gun dealers near Richmond, in Hampton Roads and in Ivor. All the gun shops declined to comment

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34375553...me_and_courts/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

It's not our fault that he can't keep his city under control.

Post imported post

Well, perhaps NYPD are now carrying "throw down" business cards from VA dealers much like crooked cops carry throw down guns???

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    It's not our fault that he can't keep his city under control.
    He is getting exactly what he wants - a body count.

Wonder if he claps his hands in glee each time his methods add another.

Problem is he blames/wants to punish the law abiding people for the actions of the criminals.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-times-...,4009092.story
    [video on WTVR website]

Local Gun Dealer Talks About Times Square Gunman Found With His Card

Talks exclusively with CBS 6.
    Mike Bergazzi and Jon BurkettCBS 6 producer, reporter
    December 11, 2009

Update: 12:20 a.m.

The local gun dealer whose business is now connected to a gun battle on the streets of New York City spoke exclusively to CBS 6 on Thursday night.

Investigators say that they found one of Gary Lewis's business cards in the pocket of 25-year-old Raymond Martinez. He died during a shootout with a plainclothes police officer in Times Square on Thursday.

Lewis owns and operates Gary's Guns & Transfer in Goochland County. He says that he does not sell the kind of gun - a Mac-10 9mm machine pistol - that police say that Martinez used to shoot at the police officer. Lewis also says that he never met Martinez, and does not know how he acquired his business card.

Police say the gun Martinez was using was stolen in Richmond back in October.

To see Jon Burkett's complete and exclusive interview with Gary Lewis, scroll to the top of this page.

Update: 6:29 p.m.

The New York Times is reporting a gun used in a midday shooting in Times Square was stolen in Richmond back on October 28.

The Times is also reporting the man killed in that shooting was carrying the business card of a Goochland gun dealer. CBS 6's Jon Burkett spoke to Gary Lewis, who runs Gary's Guns & Transfers in Manakin-Sabot. Lewis says he does not sell the type of gun used in the Times Square shooting.

You can watch Jon's interview with Lewis tonight on CBS 6 News @ 11.

The Times also reports there is a hand-written message on the back of the business card. It reads: "I just finished watching 'The Last Dragon.' I feel sorry for a cop if he think I'm getting into his paddy wagon."

A NYPD spokesman says a plainclothes officer chased a scam artist through crowded Times Square sidewalks, exchanging gunfire that shattered Broadway theater and gift shop windows, before killing the man near the Marriott Marquis hotel.

No one else was injured.

A police spokesman says the 25-year-old suspect was believed to be conning tourists along Broadway when he was recognized by a sergeant who works on a task force that monitors aggressive panhandling.

The spokesman says when the officer approached, the man took off. He says sergeant gave chase, and the man turned and opened fire, getting off two rounds before his pistol jammed. The officer returned fire, killing the man.

(AP wire reports contributed to this story)

Post imported post

So New York needs to stop exporting their theives to Virginia?

Maybe we need to do our own sting.

"New York is the largest source of out of state theives in Virginia."

Post imported post

Business cards mean nothing!! Some of our local shops have stacks of their cards on the counter where anyone can pick them up.

Post imported post

Watch channel 6 (Richmond) at 11:00 PM

Interview scheduled with shop owner that did not sell the Mac10.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

There is so much crime and "gun violence" in Virginia because of your lax gun laws.

Now New York in comparison has such good crime statistics because of their strict gun laws, hardly anybody gets killed with guns.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Well, perhaps NYPD are now carrying "throw down" business cards from VA dealers much like crooked cops carry throw down guns???
    As fantastic as that sounds, I could be persuaded to believe it. Unlike the people overseas, Bloomberg really does hate us because we're free.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Watch channel 6 (Richmond) at 11:00 PM

Interview scheduled with shop owner that did not sell the Mac10.

Yata hey
    The news has only been on for two minutes, and they'vealready referred to the gun as a "machine gun".

Post imported post

Just finished watching channel 6 report on the Mac10.

Reporter/commentator kept calling it a machine gun!

It is a semi-automatic pistol, not a full automatic gun.

Yata hey

Darn - you beat me Buster, must have had your finger on the trigger.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Not on the trigger, but indexed properly.

Post imported post

I really loved one of the comments on the news where somebody from the Violence Policy Center said that if we allowed firearms to be registered they could have tracked it better. Registration is not going to make it easier to track anything, it can't be tracked until it shows up, all registration is going to do is to identify which doors to knock to say we want your guns - NOW.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

streetdoc wrote:
    I really loved one of the comments on the news where somebody from the Violence Policy Center said that if we allowed firearms to be registered they could have tracked it better. Registration is not going to make it easier to track anything, it can't be tracked until it shows up, all registration is going to do is to identify which doors to knock to say we want your guns - NOW.
    Aren't there GPS tracking devices in every gun and every round of ammunition? :P

Yata hey

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

streetdoc wrote:
    I really loved one of the comments on the news where somebody from the Violence Policy Center said that if we allowed firearms to be registered they could have tracked it better.Â* Registration is not going to make it easier to track anything, it can't be tracked until it shows up, all registration is going to do is to identify which doors to knock to say we want your guns - NOW.
    I will register them the day some explains to me how this will help track a STOLEN gun. The gun used in this incident was STOLEN!
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    I will register them the day some explains to me how this will help track a STOLEN gun.
    Easy, you just confiscate them before they get stolen.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:
    I will register them the day some explains to me how this will help track a STOLEN gun.
    Easy, you just confiscate them before they get stolen.
    Therein lies the real agenda and the truth of the matter.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Bloomberg has tried to do some of the most underhanded things and for some reason something doesn't seem right to me on this. What's the chances of stolen gun, Mac 10 to be precise, and dead shooter with Va gun dealer cards in his pocket? Could be believable I guess, maybe he tried and could not legally purchase so he found one to steal. I would really like to know more. Will this woman that purchased the gun and reported it stolen turn up? Is she real? You have to think, I do not feel Bloom berg has an honest care for peoples safety as he claims for all the garbage he spews. I do believe that if he could get his way or it would push his agenda, he would trade a life for his own benefit.

I hope there are some 2a supportive detectives and crime scene investigators that are not ruling any thing out. I would as well like to see proof of the rounds that were fired and the ballistics match from that mack 10 that supposedly fired them. Someone could have gave the guy the gun and blanks and said to do a little acting, but of course dead men tell no tales. We really don't know unless we have seen it with our own eyes.

You might see this on another thread, I thought I was posting to this one

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

man grape don't you know every mac-10 is full auto, at least every movie i see them in they are. every article i saw called it a machine pistol and it only fired two rounds because it jammed.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Or drugs.

Tomahawk wrote:
    As fantastic as that sounds, I could be persuaded to believe it. Unlike the people overseas, Bloomberg really does hate us because we're free.
    It gets easier to believe every time some "convenient" evidence just happens to appear that the media jumps all over instead of oh, I don't know, pertinent FACTS.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

man grape don't you know every mac-10 is full auto, at least every movie i see them in they are. every article i saw called it a machine pistol and it only fired two rounds because it jammed.
    You paid for that movie - you watch it.

Yata hey

Centurion

Post imported post

I was interviewed by a NY TV station today. Story should be run either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Post imported post

Please let us know if the interview gets put online on the station's website, or YouTube.

so, how did it go? Did you set them straight on the "machine gun" thing?...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Centurion

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Please let us know if the interview gets put online on the station's website, or YouTube.

so, how did it go? Did you set them straight on the "machine gun" thing?...
    That didn't come up, but I certainly set them straight on Bloomberg. As usual, we will just have to see what hits the cutting room floor. I recorded the interview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast