• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well some good news for a change

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said.

"They shoot each other over parking spaces, at football games and at family events," Rand said. "The idea that you're making any place safer by injecting more guns is just completely contradicted by the facts."
This is some clever wording. One hundred people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007. But how many of those were suicides, how many of those were lawful self-defense shootings, how many of those police officers who had a handgun-carry permit and shot a criminal doing something heinous?

I'm guessing once you take away those numbers the number drops dramatically. Anti-gun people never take out the suicides when they talk about people getting killed with guns, they love including them.

Gundude

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said.

"They shoot each other over parking spaces, at football games and at family events," Rand said. "The idea that you're making any place safer by injecting more guns is just completely contradicted by the facts."
This is some clever wording. One hundred people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007. But how many of those were suicides, how many of those were lawful self-defense shootings, how many of those police officers who had a handgun-carry permit and shot a criminal doing something heinous?

I'm guessing once you take away those numbers the number drops dramatically. Anti-gun people never take out the suicides when they talk about people getting killed with guns, they love including them.
All of their statistics are invalid except one. 100% of the anti gunners use their 1st ammendment right to try to take away my 2nd ammendment right.

Rusty

imported post

100 people, over the course of 3 years.

There are around 700 bicycle deaths annually, but I don't see anyone saying that riding a bike should be outlawed (Think of the CHILDREN!!!!).

There are about 2.4 million deaths in the US annually. 33 per year comes out to like .001375% due to holders of carry permits.

There are about 30,000 firearms deaths in the US annually. So even if we just look at firearms deaths we are talking .11% (that is point one one, not eleven) That is like 1 in 1,000.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yep I wrote an essay on how parents are over 900% more dangerous to young children yet to get a newspaper to publish it. Even when I took it down to nothing more but statistics. Yet we are not banning or liscensing parents.