• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most influential person for 2009

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Nominate the names/monikers of those who you feel have had the most influence on OC in Wisconsin in 2009. We will accept nominations up to 12:00 midnight Friday December 18, 2009. We will then take the name put into nomination and arrange a poll/vote thread (this is the nomination thread) and take votes from December 18, until 12:00 midnight December 24, 2009.

We would like to put a top 10 most influential people list together. We would also request that unless you have prior permission, please use the monikers, not actual names.

I will start with nominating, in no particular order:

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike",
"President Barack Obama",
"J. Gleason",
"The OCDO Adopt-a-highway cleanup crew"
"Lammie",
"Doug",
"Nutzcak"

So please post who you think influenced "open carry" the most in Wisconsinduring 2009.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Who's the man behind Operation CarryLand? Is that Mike? If so, he deserves to be on the list. The radio ads brought a lot of attention to OpenCarry.org and Wisconsin open carry in general. Many of us would not even be here if it wasn't for those efforts.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Also, what is the purpose for this? I'm not trying to be rude, just curious.

Edit for one more question:

What exactly is Wisconsin Carry, Inc.? No organization of this name exists that I know of.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Johnny Stiletto wrote:
Who's the man behind Operation CarryLand? Is that Mike? If so, he deserves to be on the list. The radio ads brought a lot of attention to OpenCarry.org and Wisconsin open carry in general. Many of us would not even be here if it wasn't for those efforts.
While I agree Mike should be on the list. The money that paid for the radio ads came from all of us.

The money spent on BNH's picnic was his own. The time he spent attending other events and contacting Businesses and legislators was his own. He has devoted a lot of time and has inevitably made a difference.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
Nominate the names/monikers of those who you feel have had the most influence on OC in Wisconsin in 2009. We will accept nominations up to 12:00 midnight Friday December 18, 2009. We will then take the name put into nomination and arrange a poll/vote thread (this is the nomination thread) and take votes from December 18, until 12:00 midnight December 24, 2009.

We would like to put a top 10 most influential people list together. We would also request that unless you have prior permission, please use the monikers, not actual names.

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",

So please post who you think influenced "open carry" the most in Wisconsinduring 2009.
Not meaning to toot my own horn, but I helped a bunch. I don't see my name on your nomination list.

decided to edit the other stuff out .:?

I love feeling left out. & Landose_thegohst & a few others have not been active on this board for months now. I think they left.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
Johnny Stiletto wrote:
Also, what is the purpose for this? I'm not trying to be rude, just curious.

Edit for one more question:

What exactly is Wisconsin Carry, Inc.? No organization of this name exists that I know of.
http://www.wisconsincarry.org/
if you attempt to PM them , it comes back...

ERROR
Invalid username(s): 'Wisconsin Carry','Inc.'. Please check your spelling.

« Back

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",

I just love how they used a made up disposable screen name. Is it just me or is there something different about that list of names.....like a bunch are no longer are active on this site. or maybe it's just me.:?

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I just love how they used a made up disposable screen name. Is it just me or is there something different about that list of names.....like a bunch are no longer are active on this site. or maybe it's just me.:?
Glock34:

My list was by no means supposed to be complete, I will add you, Mike, andbnh.

I was not aware, that the (',' and '.') would cause problems with PM's.

There were many who donated LARGE sums of money to Operation Carryland, but I thought weshould stick to people who openly put themselves out there in the press, I also thought we should limit it to Wisconsin Residents. Some on the list havenever posted on OCDO, this isn't about OCDO.

I want input from all OCDO members to nominate those who you feel have done the most to advance OC in Wisconsin, and every one on the list help advance OC. We'll get into the voting next week, for now, are there any others we should put on the list?

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike"

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

There were many who donated LARGE sums of money to Operation Carryland, but I thought weshould stick to people who openly put themselves out there in the press, I also thought we should limit it to Wisconsin Residents.
Buying influence? How conventional. I didn't realize that 'Mike', user=32, lives in Wisconsin.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Glock34:

My list was by no means supposed to be complete, I will add you, Mike, andbnh.

I was not aware, that the (',' and '.') would cause problems with PM's.

There were many who donated LARGE sums of money to Operation Carryland, but I thought weshould stick to people who openly put themselves out there in the press, I also thought we should limit it to Wisconsin Residents. Some on the list havenever posted on OCDO, this isn't about OCDO.

I want input from all OCDO members to nominate those who you feel have done the most to advance OC in Wisconsin, and every one on the list help advance OC. We'll get into the voting next week, for now, are there any others we should put on the list?

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike"
yes, I openly put myself out there in the press.

was interviewed by local tv stations 5 or 6 times , for the open carry picnic in Green Bay...
twice for the Green Bay city council's attempt to ban guns in parks.

was on WTAQ 1360 am a few times in regards to both, along with interceptor knight

Jerry Bader morning talk show host on 1360 AM , contacted me with a heads up on the proposed city council parks ban , I then passed this info on to opencarry.org

I have many media contacts which call me for interviews, when gun related stories come about.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

One of my neighbors is an anti-gun retired cardiologist. We pick at each other over politics, but I am currently quite PO'd, 'put out', with him. He damned conservatives and me for self-appointed spokespersons for conservatism. He did this in circumstances where I was unable to retort denigrating his elected and anointed leader.

I pray that we are not known by spokesmen but by the company we keep.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamination.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
yes, I openly put myself out there in the press.

was interviewed by local tv stations 5 or 6 times , for the open carry picnic in Green Bay...
twice for the Green Bay city council's attempt to ban guns in parks.

was on WTAQ 1360 am a few times in regards to both, along with interceptor knight

Jerry Bader morning talk show host on 1360 AM , contacted me with a heads up on the proposed city council parks ban , I then passed this info on to opencarry.org

I have many media contacts which call me for interviews, when gun related stories come about.

That is why I asked for nominations, by no means was the list in the OP supposed to be complete but rather examples.

Please continue to nominate any other individuals whom you feel had a positive influence on OC in Wisconsin

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
springfield 1911 wrote:

Like the site but a little sparse on the information. 1 story line and a link to the online petition. It needs more to keep someone with a short attention span........

Oh, is that a kitty?
AGREED, more pages..maybe some site sponsors... Merchandise, Shirts, Bumper stickers.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

spacer.gif
[align=center]
blank.gif
blank.gif
OpenCarry.jpg
blank.gif
blank.gif
[/align] [font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"][/font][/font]This site was created by
BNH and Hugh Jarmis.
Hmm, I guess that means
I for one am not welcome.
The Question I have is this, If
these people do not want to
Continue membership with OCDO
then why come here and
recruit for their own site?
I guess I don't understand
what they are trying to
accomplish.
spacer.gif
[font="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"][align=center]WisconsinCarry.org [/align][align=center]- Nik Clark Chairman Milwaukee, WI[/align][align=center]-Hubert Hoffman Vice-Chairman Onalaska, WI
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[/font]

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

We know the site needs work and we are working on it, but I will again remind the posters, this thread is about the “most influential individuals.”

Please don’t jump to conclusions or post false statements about who is/isn’t welcome.

Thank your for keeping the thread on topic, “most influential individuals.”

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
[url]http://www.wicsonsincarry.org[/url]
Hoffman.Hubert@gmail.com