• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most influential person for 2009

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. wrote:
Please don’t jump to conclusions or post false statements about who is/isn’t welcome.
If all are welcome just like here at OCDO or SAK's ICANCARRY then why multiply entities? Does no one else remember the demise of Packing.org? I've seen it's principals names sliding around recently.

As Bishop Ockham said, "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem, "Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity." As entities multiply then the conquering divisions also multiply. Divide and conquer.

bigdaddy1

imported post

OK, the person that was most influential to me? This person is who persuaded me to search out for rights and laws regarding to gun ownership and other degrading rights, he created a deep concern with me. That is when I decided that I can no longer sit and wait for my rights to erode away. I may not be running around with a sandwich board proclaiming my rights but I am not just sitting and watching them disappear. That person for me is;

GG.jpg

He may not be a POPULAR vote, but he is the person that made me choose to stand up and join those that will not allow their rights to simply be pushed away.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I will add Gleason because he has written many letter/articles to both elected officials and the press, bringing our count to thirteen...

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike",
"President Barack Obama"
"J. Gleason"

imported post

DAMN THE OBAMINATION, paraphrasing his swineherd-pastor.

bigdaddy1 wrote:
OK, the person that was most influential to me? This person is who persuaded me to search out for rights and laws regarding to gun ownership and other degrading rights, he created a deep concern with me. That is when I decided that I can no longer sit and wait for my rights to erode away. I may not be running around with a sandwich board proclaiming my rights but I am not just sitting and watching them disappear. That person for me is;

GG.jpg

He may not be a POPULAR vote, but he is the person that made me choose to stand up and join those that will not allow their rights to simply be pushed away.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Many, many people have contributed to the open carry movement this year. To single any one person out is, I believe, divisive to the group as a whole and discouraging to the person who works behind the scenes with no thought of recognition. This isn't about stars, it's about a group effort. Just what is the point of this exercise?

Dave

[align=center]
263yh3s.jpg

[/align]

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

davegran wrote:
Many, many people have contributed to the open carry movement this year. To single any one person out is, I believe, divisive to the group as a whole and discouraging to the person who works behind the scenes with no thought of recognition. This isn't about stars, it's about a group effort. Just what is the point of this exercise?

Dave

[align=center]
263yh3s.jpg

[/align]
divisiveness is what this thread is all about, in my opinion.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I disagree. Barbara Walters doesn't pick her 10 most influential people to be divisive at all, I asked a simple question and said nominate. You guys are reading way to much into the thread.

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike",
"President Barack Obama"
"J. Gleason"
"The OCDO Adopt-a-highway cleanup crew"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

If I may ask. since I have tried to send a PM and it doesn't get through, Why are you/ have you decided to create your own organization outside of OCDO? I thought the general consensus was that we needed to stick together rather then to divide our numbers. Just curious as to what is behind all of this. feel free to answer in a PM if you would like.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

I disagree. Barbara Walters doesn't pick her 10 most influential people to be divisive at all, I asked a simple question and said nominate. You guys are reading way to much into the thread.
No, she does it to drum up interest in herself, raise her TV ratings, and make more money. Do you believe that somehow relates to the OC movement in Wisconsin?

I ask again, "
Just what is the point of this exercise?"

Dave

imported post

There's glory for you!'

'I don't know what you mean by "glory,"' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument,"' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you CAN make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master—that's all.'

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is quite interesting that such a simple exercise asthe subject of this threadcan bring out the egoes in people.

For my two cents worth there is no question that the most influential person in promoting open carry in Wisconsin is J.B. VanHollen. We all bad-mouthed him to great detail earlier in the year for his seemingly lack of concern for our constitutional RKBA. However, were it not for his memo of April 20, 2009 affirming our constitutional rights to open carry we would still be experiencing unfettered law enforcement harassment and false charges of disorderly conduct.

Another testimony to the effect of his influence is the high increase of new members to this forumsince the release of his memo. People who because of his memo found a reason to stop being sheeple.

My second vote would go to Brad Krause. There is a quote that a pioneer is the dude laying in the dessert with an arrow in his back. Brad received many arrows in his back but he "got 'er done".

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"AG J.B. Van Hollen"
"Mr. Greg",
"Interceptor_Knight",
"Landose_thegohst",
"Parabellum",
"hugh jarmis",
"Springfield1911",
"David E. Olson",
"bnhcomputing",
"glolck34",
"Mike",
"President Barack Obama"
"J. Gleason"
"The OCDO Adopt-a-highway cleanup crew"
the person that is named most "influential" is merely the guy with the most friends on this board..... There is no " I " in team , we all have helped further the OC cause , we should all be applauding each others efforts, instead of creating a rift here, there is enough infighting on here to go around, with out voting for the good ole boy. ONE GUY WILL NOT MAKE OC. WI OC & the current fight for CCW is a cumulative effort that needs everyone's efforts & input. Seems like we are back in High School & the Big Click is voting for most popular Member.:?

If your gonna vote most influential , vote for these guys ...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

How about we nominate.......Doylet!

He is the one who said, "If you want to wear a gun in Wisconsin, wear it on your hip!"

Seems to me that this coming from a Governor is pretty influential.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Lammie wrote:
It is quite interesting that such a simple exercise asthe subject of this threadcan bring out the egoes in people.

For my two cents worth there is no question that the most influential person in promoting open carry in Wisconsin is J.B. VanHollen. We all bad-mouthed him to great detail earlier in the year for his seemingly lack of concern for our constitutional RKBA. However, were it not for his memo of April 20, 2009 affirming our constitutional rights to open carry we would still be experiencing unfettered law enforcement harassment and false charges of disorderly conduct.

Another testimony to the effect of his influence is the high increase of new members to this forumsince the release of his memo. People who because of his memo found a reason to stop being sheeple.

My second vote would go to Brad Krause. There is a quote that a pioneer is the dude laying in the dessert with an arrow in his back. Brad received many arrows in his back but he "got 'er done".
I agree. When a small group of about 10 of us met earlier this year to brainstorm ways to kick start open carry in Wisconsin, little did we know that a day later Van Hollen's memo would be released. While we acknowledge and appreciate the contributions by many people who have dealt with the press, the police and the courts, or who have organized or participated in various events, Van Hollen's memo did more to publicize open carry, strengthen the right, to educate everyone, and most importantly-- to motivate people to open carry than any other single identifiable event.

I would also give particular mention to Parabellum and Brad for putting their necks on the line and being the first to stand up to overzealous and undereducated police and/or prosecutors. Their willingness to take a risk and not back down undoubtedly had much to do with the AG issuing the memo.

I would also give dishonorable mentions to Flynn, Barrett, the New Berlin assistant city attorney, a handful of ignorant police and prosecutors, and a few other people who's ridiculous comments and actions unwittingly gave more publicity and strength to the open carry movement in Wisconsin than otherwise would have been possible. Do you think any of them would accept the Open Carry equivalent of the Golden Raspberry Award?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Do you think any of them would accept the Open Carry equivalent of the Golden Raspberry Award?
That's it! We should find the person who has made the biggest ass of themselves over these idiotic Firearms laws and give them the bent barrel award! LOL