• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most influential person for 2009

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Do you think any of them would accept the Open Carry equivalent of the Golden Raspberry Award?
That's it! We should find the person who has made the biggest ass of themselves over these idiotic Firearms laws and give them the bent barrel award! LOL
BENT BARREL AWARD

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
Do you think any of them would accept the Open Carry equivalent of the Golden Raspberry Award?
That's it! We should find the person who has made the biggest ass of themselves over these idiotic Firearms laws and give them the bent barrel award! LOL

To me, determining who was the biggest ass is much tougher to decide. Flynn's laughable fascist bravado certainly makes him a contender, but you have to admire Barrett's ability to speak out against guns and then to become a victim of a crime that wouldn't have happened had he been armed with something more than a cell phone and his big mouth.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

But wouldn't it be great to set up a presentation ceremony to give someone like Barrett an award and then hand him something like the one above?

Ahhhhh sweetness, I'd be in heaven!:lol:

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

All joking aside, if BNH is involved in WisconsinCarry.org, then I know this is a legitimate organization and I support any positive advancement the organization can make in the war for our rights.

While we all use this forum to toss our comments back and forth, there is nothing wrong with supporting WisconsinCarry.org just like the folks in Michigan support Michigancarry.org. We have to start somewhere!

By the way I also nominate Lammie and Doug and Nutzcak for all that cookin he does! :lol:

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I have been avoiding this thread for a few different reasons,

I nominate Nitrovic, IlDuce, Armond Reese, and that clown that used the Brian the dog from Family Guy cartoon in all his idiotic posts. Who are some others that got banned for being douche nozzles?

But in all seriousness, I think of the entire staff of the Lakeland times, especially the writings of Richard Moore,withMr Walker as being the owner of the publication and forwarding our position.
No other publication in the state has covered this as well as the Lakeland Times IMO.
It makes me proud to live 300 miles from anything resembling civilization while having them provide the news to our community.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
All joking aside, if BNH is involved in WisconsinCarry.org, then I know this is a legitimate organization and I support any positive advancement the organization can make in the war for our rights.

While we all use this forum to toss our comments back and forth, there is nothing wrong with supporting WisconsinCarry.org just like the folks in Michigan support Michigancarry.org. We have to start somewhere!

By the way I also nominate Lammie and Doug and Nutzcak for all that cookin he does! :lol:
I am for it..but if our legislators see the new website with it's current very sparse content & only 1 page, they will laugh at it. I think this ( Wi Carry ) is a truely great idea , but more content needs to be added to that website & fast, like today for anyone to take it / us seriously. My little Wedding DJ business website blows it out of the water.......don't get me wrong it's a start, but only the initial beginning of phase 1. Please take this a constructive criticism.

Photos of OC events all over the state
A link to the NRA -as much as some here don't like the NRA , it would look good.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Lammie wrote:
It is quite interesting that such a simple exercise asthe subject of this threadcan bring out the egoes in people.

For my two cents worth there is no question that the most influential person in promoting open carry in Wisconsin is J.B. VanHollen.....
Exactly my thoughts, Lammie; J.B. VanHollen opened the flood gates. :celebrate

Dave

[align=center]
28wpkpl.jpg

[/align]

gbu28

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
GOD DAMN THE OBAMINATION, paraphrasing his swineherd-pastor.

Snipped from wikipedia:

An association fallacy is an inductive formal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association. The two types are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association. Association fallacies are a special case of red herring, and can be based on an appeal to emotion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

opusd2

imported post

I nominate, not by name but by act, those that open carry all the time without bragging or seeking attention for their actions. For those are the people who walk the walk.

To all of us who carry and open the eyes of those around us blinded by social convention, I applaud you without names but with respect freely given. Thank You for not only exercising your rights, but exercising the rights of all of us through exposure.

I think it's right.

comp45acp

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
I nominate, not by name but by act, those that open carry all the time without bragging or seeking attention for their actions.  For those are the people who walk the walk.

To all of us who carry and open the eyes of those around us blinded by social convention, I applaud you without names but with respect freely given.  Thank You for not only exercising your rights, but exercising the rights of all of us through exposure.

I think it's right.

Right on opusd2. Finally a nomination that makes sense.

gollbladder13

imported post

For those who touched on it, I agree that selecting one person will do nothing but tear us further apart, as has already been shown in the first 2 pages.

opusd2 wrote:
I nominate, not by name but by act, those that open carry all the time without bragging or seeking attention for their actions. For those are the people who walk the walk.

To all of us who carry and open the eyes of those around us blinded by social convention, I applaud you without names but with respect freely given. Thank You for not only exercising your rights, but exercising the rights of all of us through exposure.

I think it's right.
This, so far, is the only nomination I will endorse...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I think everyone is taking this a little too seriously. The intent was merely to break up the monotony of the otherwise slow moving changes we are hoping for.

We need to be able to have a little fun here. Hell I nominated Doylet!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
We need to be able to have a little fun here. Hell I nominated Doylet!
In a very direct way,I feel Doyletis personally responsible for the Open-Carry movement gaining so much ground in WI, If he would not have vetoed the PPA bill twice, and promised a judge position to get some to become a traitor.

I doubt we would have been this annoyed which pushed us even harder togain this much ground with the issues of O-C in WI,
Because if the PPA bill was signed into law, most everyone would be fat & happy with their uber-restrictive PPA bill and would not bother with exercising their rights out in the open.

opusd2

imported post

While it's true if concealed carry in WI had been passed I would be one of the many carrying as such (if the common man were able to), I would also be carrying openly in areas where I didn't care if people knew I was packing.

But like what was previously discussed, the leading criminal in the state, sorry - Doh-Oyle was a big reason for a lot of our activism today. His lack of concern for the people whose lives he ruins every day with every BS law and act of tyranny, as well as a flippant remark about wearing our sidearm on our hip have all been inspirations for many of us to get off of our collective asses and push for the recognition of our rights. While I certainly do not like the man, he does get that credit.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
The OP is three days gone after seven postings. Another seed of divisiveness has been planted and this thread takes on a life of its own.

Not quite.

I asked a question, I asked for nominations, I thought it would be kind of fun. It was others who decided this was intended to "divide," not I.

I am still here, and I probable won't have the vote thread do to all the negative comments already, but we seem to have a general consensus that the Wisconsin AG has had the biggest influence on OC in 2009.

So we should get a nice plaque, and then try to get something in the press giving him the "most influential" award.

or is this also, TOO DIVISIVE?