Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Looser gun laws throughout the US!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hartford, MI, ,
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/...ooser_gun_laws

    " class="unkfunc"A nationwide review by The Associated Press found that over the last two years, 24 states, mostly in the South and West, have passed 47 new laws loosening gun restrictions."

    Victory.

    We're on a roll.

    -Richard-

  2. #2
    Regular Member SlowDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    424

    Post imported post

    I just read the article and there is some great misinformation stated on the behalf of gun control. They stated there are too many occurrences where permit holders used their weapons on each other including police officers. I would challenge that and include what is the overall crime rate where CPL's are shall issue over when they where no issue or may issue. Every since Florida passed shall issue and the castle doctrine the move in America has moved rapidly forward because people saw how much of an effect it had to detour crime......just sayin....
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    SlowDog wrote:
    I just read the article and there is some great misinformation stated on the behalf of gun control. They stated there are too many occurrences where permit holders used their weapons on each other including police officers. I would challenge that and include what is the overall crime rate where CPL's are shall issue over when they where no issue or may issue. Every since Florida passed shall issue and the castle doctrine the move in America has moved rapidly forward because people saw how much of an effect it had to detour crime......just sayin....

    There have been occurrences in the past where a license/permit holder shot/killed police officers. IIRC, there was an incident in Pa not long ago--don't recall the details. I'm sure that at some time or another, a couple of permit holders may have went at it, but I have not heard of any such shootouts.

    The Anti's and the Media do not concern themselves with the positive effects of the mere citizenry carrying guns, only the negative. There has always been and will be people who fall through the cracks in life: Doctor's, Lawyers, Police Officers, Folks with licenses/permits to carry, etc. A persons mental state really does not change because he or she obtains a license/permit to carry, IMO. A wacko is a wacko even after obtaining a license/permit. It may mask the mental state for a while, but the person is still a wacko underneath it all.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Plymouth/Canton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    252

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    SlowDog wrote:
    I just read the article and there is some great misinformation stated on the behalf of gun control. They stated there are too many occurrences where permit holders used their weapons on each other including police officers. I would challenge that and include what is the overall crime rate where CPL's are shall issue over when they where no issue or may issue. Every since Florida passed shall issue and the castle doctrine the move in America has moved rapidly forward because people saw how much of an effect it had to detour crime......just sayin....

    There have been occurrences in the past where a license/permit holder shot/killed police officers. IIRC, there was an incident in Pa not long ago--don't recall the details. I'm sure that at some time or another, a couple of permit holders may have went at it, but I have not heard of any such shootouts.

    The Anti's and the Media do not concern themselves with the positive effects of the mere citizenry carrying guns, only the negative. There has always been and will be people who fall through the cracks in life: Doctor's, Lawyers, Police Officers, Folks with licenses/permits to carry, etc. A persons mental state really does not change because he or she obtains a license/permit to carry, IMO. A wacko is a wacko even after obtaining a license/permit. It may mask the mental state for a while, but the person is still a wacko underneath it all.
    I believe its spelled waco... not wacko

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    THway wrote:
    SNIP
    I believe its spelled waco... not wacko
    Waco is pronounced way-co, just like Waco, Texas (Davidians).

    Wacko:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Wacko



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niles & Lawton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    295

    Post imported post

    "A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."


    Only thing to back up their claim is their own website, but ill look around some more.

    http://www.vpc.org/studies/ccw2009.pdf

  7. #7
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    BreakingTheMold wrote:
    "A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."


    Only thing to back up their claim is their own website, but ill look around some more.

    http://www.vpc.org/studies/ccw2009.pdf
    What's that, 100 out of how many millions? Not even a statistical blip.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Niles & Lawton, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    295

    Post imported post

    Venator wrote:
    BreakingTheMold wrote:
    "A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."


    Only thing to back up their claim is their own website, but ill look around some more.

    http://www.vpc.org/studies/ccw2009.pdf
    What's that, 100 out of how many millions? Not even a statistical blip.
    Wasn't there the statistic that MI CPL holders are charged with fewer crimes then judges/police officers, or somthing along those lines? I don't recall who first posted it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dearborn heights, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    25

    Post imported post

    But how many of these were justified? If it's justified it ain't a crime folks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •