• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looser gun laws throughout the US!

SlowDog

imported post

I just read the article and there is some great misinformation stated on the behalf of gun control. They stated there are too many occurrences where permit holders used their weapons on each other including police officers. I would challenge that and include what is the overall crime rate where CPL's are shall issue over when they where no issue or may issue. Every since Florida passed shall issue and the castle doctrine the move in America has moved rapidly forward because people saw how much of an effect it had to detour crime......just sayin....

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I just read the article and there is some great misinformation stated on the behalf of gun control. They stated there are too many occurrences where permit holders used their weapons on each other including police officers. I would challenge that and include what is the overall crime rate where CPL's are shall issue over when they where no issue or may issue. Every since Florida passed shall issue and the castle doctrine the move in America has moved rapidly forward because people saw how much of an effect it had to detour crime......just sayin....

There have been occurrences in the past where a license/permit holder shot/killed police officers. IIRC, there was an incident in Pa not long ago--don't recall the details. I'm sure that at some time or another, a couple of permit holders may have went at it, but I have not heard of any such shootouts.

The Anti's and the Media do not concern themselves with the positive effects of the mere citizenry carrying guns, only the negative. There has always been and will be people who fall through the cracks in life: Doctor's, Lawyers, Police Officers, Folks with licenses/permits to carry, etc. A persons mental state really does not change because he or she obtains a license/permit to carry, IMO. A wacko is a wacko even after obtaining a license/permit. It may mask the mental state for a while, but the person is still a wacko underneath it all.

THway

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
SlowDog wrote:

There have been occurrences in the past where a license/permit holder shot/killed police officers. IIRC, there was an incident in Pa not long ago--don't recall the details. I'm sure that at some time or another, a couple of permit holders may have went at it, but I have not heard of any such shootouts.

The Anti's and the Media do not concern themselves with the positive effects of the mere citizenry carrying guns, only the negative. There has always been and will be people who fall through the cracks in life: Doctor's, Lawyers, Police Officers, Folks with licenses/permits to carry, etc. A persons mental state really does not change because he or she obtains a license/permit to carry, IMO. A wacko is a wacko even after obtaining a license/permit. It may mask the mental state for a while, but the person is still a wacko underneath it all.
I believe its spelled waco... not wacko

BreakingTheMold

imported post

"A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."

Only thing to back up their claim is their own website, but ill look around some more.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/ccw2009.pdf

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
"A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."

Only thing to back up their claim is their own website, but ill look around some more.

What's that, 100 out of how many millions? Not even a statistical blip.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

Venator wrote:
BreakingTheMold wrote:

What's that, 100 out of how many millions? Not even a statistical blip.
Wasn't there the statistic that MI CPL holders are charged with fewer crimes then judges/police officers, or somthing along those lines? I don't recall who first posted it.