• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to sell a couple things to fund another gun purchase

wally1120

imported post

I have a fairly larger coin collection and a smaller trailer that I am looking to sell. I am not sure on what the coin collection is worth, All I know is I need 105 bucks. If anyone could help me out that would be GREAT. I dont know how much I could milk outta the trailer, But I am thinking probly 30 bucks for that, It isn`t anything special, But will do a small job just fine.

wally1120

imported post

Alright, I guess the stuff isn`t for sale anymore. I just got the gun today. Now I just need to get my CPL. Won`t be much longer, I am talking the class around tax time(ish)

G

imported post

Judging from the avatar, you've crossed over to the dark side.

Welcome to the plastic side of life...

DSC02559.jpg

sevenplusone

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Judging from the avatar, you've crossed over to the dark side.

Welcome to the plastic side of life...

DSC02559.jpg
As a 1911 enthusiast I'm required by law to discuss how inherently inferior your weapon is......:cool:......but I guess that one has some good honest wear and tear so I'll let it slide....this time. Consider yourself warned.

wally1120

imported post

I used to have a XD that I loved, I traded it for a 1911. I thought the 1911 was going to be a much nicer gun, And a completly different class as well. I traded the XD for the 1911, And regret that like hell now. I traded the 1911 for the Glock which is not this one that is posted on here. I am going to only own tuperware shooters from now on, 1911`s and all other steel frame pistols SUCK IMO. There are some that say vice versa, That is fine, Just not the way that I feel.

G

imported post

I am very familiar with John Browning's designs...

DSC02419.jpg

CIMG5080.jpg

CIMG5550.jpg

But I'll consider myself "warned".:cool:

wally1120

imported post

OH, Please get them off of here. If you are going to post pics of guns, At least put good guns on here.:D

I will post pics of my Glock tomorrow

autosurgeon

imported post

Here is another one of those all steel junk guns. And this one only cost 179.00 plus 50.00 for the grips.

p1000956.jpg

and a target

p1000525.jpg

Blamed accurate POS :celebrate and this was from the first time I shot it too...

T Vance

imported post

As long as the gun goes "BANG" when you want it to, THEN IT'S A GOOD GUN.

The Mac 10 that guy had in NY obviously wasn't a good gun because it jammed up after the 2nd shot. That doesn't mean that all Mac 10's are bad though.

wally1120

imported post

I realize not all steel frame guns are bad, I just prefer not to own another one again. I got rid ofa perfectly fine functioning XD that I loved, For a POS Kimber that was a death trap waiting to happen, I couldn`t fire more then 1 or 2 shots from that thing then I started having problems. But now I got the Glock so I am happy again. I guess I just like having the Fake plastic toy guns.

ghostrider

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I used to have a XD that I loved, I traded it for a 1911. I thought the 1911 was going to be a much nicer gun, And a completly different class as well. I traded the XD for the 1911, And regret that like hell now. I traded the 1911 for the Glock which is not this one that is posted on here. I am going to only own tuperware shooters from now on, 1911`s and all other steel frame pistols SUCK IMO. There are some that say vice versa, That is fine, Just not the way that I feel.
As a Glock fan, I can't say I necessarily agree with you. I like the 1911 platform. I've always told people that, "If I could afford to shoot 1k-3k error free rounds of both plinking ammo and SD ammo through the gun at the start just to test reliability, then I'd probably own a 1911. Since I can't afford such a reliability test, I just decided that the Glock was best for me.":D

Nothing against the platform, or even steel framed guns. Matter of fact, I used to own a Firestar in .40 S&W. It was a tank at 34 Oz empty. Liked that gun a lot, and still kind of miss it. However, when the chance to sell it came up, I jumped at the chance to turn it into funds for another Glock. If I could afford to have kept the Firestar, and still buy the Glock, then I would have. It just didn't work out that way.

wally1120

imported post

I have noticed the Cheaper the gun, And the Uglier the gun looks the better the gun functions. My Kimber was a sharper looking gun, But had so many problems with that damn thing. My XD, Glock, and Taurus Millinnium didn`t have as many problems as the Kimber did.

G

imported post

I think you just had a problem pistol. My two new Kimbers are flawless tack drivers. But for absolute flawless reliability this is my preference:

DSC02486.jpg

ghostrider

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
I have noticed the Cheaper the gun, And the Uglier the gun looks the better the gun functions. My Kimber was a sharper looking gun, But had so many problems with that damn thing. My XD, Glock, and Taurus Millinnium didn`t have as many problems as the Kimber did.
Kel-Tec. Hi-Point.

I don't know about "cheaper" being more reliable. Kimber had a period when even some Kimber fans were jumping ship. The 1911 was originally a very reliable platform that didn't need all the tweaking that many of today's examples do. Remember, it was designed to be a combat weapon, That meant that it needed to run in some very adverse conditions. Dirt, grit, sand, moisture, you name it. It had to run. Today's versions are made to much tighter tolerances than it was originally designed for. Massad Ayoob wrote an article about it within the past year or two. Can't remember which rag it was in.

I'm sure there are plenty of high end 1911 owners that would dispute your above statement. Glocks are not exactly "cheap" guns. They certainly aren't as expensive as the HK or Wilson, but nor are they a Hi-Point or Kel-Tec.

G

imported post

Whenever I OC this one, people point at me and laugh. They think that because I have a small gun, I must have a small...

DSC02402.jpg

So I OC this one instead, to overcome that...

DSC02384-1.jpg