• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to sell a couple things to fund another gun purchase

autosurgeon

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Whenever I OC this one, people point at me and laugh. They think that because I have a small gun, I must have a small...

DSC02402.jpg

So I OC this one instead, to overcome that...

DSC02384-1.jpg
You believe in taking them out before they notice ya hmmm :what::uhoh:

wally1120

imported post

If the BG wants to come up to me, And is wanting my wallet that is fine. I will just have to make a deposite ONLY, Derringer in my front coat pocket, That is when I get my CPL.

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Whenever I OC this one, people point at me and laugh. They think that because I have a small gun, I must have a small...

DSC02402.jpg

So I OC this one instead, to overcome that...

DSC02384-1.jpg
You believe in taking them out before they notice ya hmmm :what::uhoh:
No. That's what this is for...

DSC02521.jpg

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
CV, is thata Sig556 you were telling me about?
No. That's one of my HK91 rifles. Got that one about 30 years ago.

This is the Sig556 with the folding stock...

sig556_003.jpg

sevenplusone

imported post

Wally, youre mistake was buying a Kimber. They are an overrated and extremely overpriced 1911. I steer everybody I can away from them. Their "custom shop" is no such thing. If you want a 1911 that was done right there are plenty of manufacturers out there that can do it, Kimber isn't one of them. They are the first one a gun counter guy recommends because they are the one that makes the most most money. They use inferior MIM parts and generally do not get the hand-fitting and workover a proper 1911 needs. If you want a good and proper 1911 get yourself a Springfield (anything from a Mil-Spec on up to their Loaded or TRP models), Colt, or any of the legitimate customs/semi-customs (see Ed Brown, Wilson, Dan Wesson, etc.) Don't buy Kimbers unless they are an early Clack back when Kimbers were not just a production factory pistol like all the rest.

That said, you can't honestly tell me the grip and trigger on a Glock is anywhere near that of a 1911. It just isn't.

For the record, I was just trying to joke around a little bit until you decided to generalize every all steel gun. Let's keep it civil and not generalize.Admit it,there is a friendly rivalry among the different brand loyalists. Let's keep it that way.

Anybody who wants to test a legit 1911 that hasn't had a failure in 5000+ rds is welcome to PM and we'll head to the range. You can bring your plastic and we'll see what you think at the end of the day about all steel guns.

Now return to your regularly scheduled debate.

G

imported post

I'm going to have to disagree with you to a degree. While my current Kimbers have been reliable enough to carry, I did have issues with an earlier one that had an external extractor. It was very temperamental about the ammo I used. Could only reliably shot premium ammo.

I know what you're saying about pricing. But I got very good prices on both of my current ones.

For the money I think they were good deals. I know there are better. But, I am satisfied with mine. They're real tack drivers. And I'm not that good of a shot. From the holster, I can double tap 1/2" MOA at 15 yards repeatedly. I can't do that with any other pistol I own.

sevenplusone

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you to a degree. While my current Kimbers have been reliable enough to carry, I did have issues with an earlier one that had an external extractor. It was very temperamental about the ammo I used. Could only reliably shot premium ammo.

I know what you're saying about pricing. But I got very good prices on both of my current ones.

For the money I think they were good deals. I know there are better. But, I am satisfied with mine. They're real tack drivers. And I'm not that good of a shot. From the holster, I can double tap 1/2" MOA at 15 yards repeatedly. I can't do that with any other pistol I own.

Fair enough. Kimber's QC is occasionally lacking. That said, some of them are fantastic, I personally have had much better luck with other brands. To each his own...again...that friendly rivalry thing.

Hey, did you guys hear that the 9mm is for sissys!! ;)

SpringerXDacp

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

Fair enough. Kimber's QC is occasionally lacking. That said, some of them are fantastic, I personally have had much better luck with other brands. To each his own...again...that friendly rivalry thing.

LOL You're going to fit right in around here. :lol:

wally1120

imported post

OK, Peopel dont like that I dont like steel guns. I am fine with that, I am going to have to debat the Trigger on it tho, I have the 3.5 Pound Trigger disconnect on my Glock. It does have a bit more travel then a 1911, But it is just about the same trigger pull on it.

sevenplusone

imported post

It might weigh the same, but no chance it breaks as smooth and clean as a 1911. It's also more likely to have inconsistencies throughout the longer pull, it might average 3.5lbs...but some parts will likely be 4.5 and others 3lbs. It just won't be as smooth.

G

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
I got no problem shooting sissies with a 9mm.:celebrate

wally1120

imported post

I know the Glock trigger isn`t as smooth as a 1911 trigger, But I dont mind the extra travel on it. I wouldn`t mind the 1911 platform, It just had to many problems with it, I dont want to buy one Kimber and have problems with it when I can buy 2 Glocks or XD`s for the same price and be problem free. And true a 9mm is a smaller gun, I bet it would still hurt it someone got hit with a 9mm tho. That is why I carry 54 rounds in three Magazines, But I could also go to a couple 35 round Magazines. I am thinking about getting a couple 35 rounders for $hits and giggles.