• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Provo Towne Centre - gun or no gun

alispissed

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
PrimeTime28 wrote:
If it was Movies 8 in Provo that particular company i believe its cinemark, i've been told they haves a firearm ban on all their theaters.
At "Movies 8" in Provo, I have seen the "No Firearms" signs at the ticket booth, and I have carried openly in spite of them without incident. :D

WAY TO GO!:uhoh:

cheese

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
PrimeTime28 wrote:
If it was Movies 8 in Provo that particular company i believe its cinemark, i've been told they haves a firearm ban on all their theaters.
At "Movies 8" in Provo, I have seen the "No Firearms" signs at the ticket booth, and I have carried openly in spite of them without incident. :D
Are you seeking confrontation? Or are you on a mission from god?

UtahJarhead

imported post

cheese wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
PrimeTime28 wrote:
Are you seeking confrontation? Or are you on a mission from god?
*shrug* he's within his rights.

cheese

imported post

What about the rights of the property owners?

*shrug*
Is it a mission from god or trouble seeking? Legitimate question.

UtahJarhead

imported post

My right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness trumps a theatres rights to say "You will be disarmed here. We don't want to give a rogue shooter a difficult time mowing you all down."

rpyne

imported post

cheese wrote:

*shrug*
To paraphrase from Mitch Vilos, the right to life has always trumped the right to property because without life and liberty there can be no right to property.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

cheese wrote:

*shrug*
The property owner does not want us to bring outside food and drink into the theater either, but that never stops us from concealing goodies in our wives purses to avoid the outrageously over priced concessions.

*shrug*
Well, since not all of us believe in gawd, I suppose I shall answer "trouble seeking". Or may I have another option, your highness?

cheese

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
cheese wrote:

*shrug*
The property owner does not want us to bring outside food and drink into the theater either, but that never stops us from concealing goodies in our wives purses to avoid the outrageously over priced concessions.

*shrug*
Well, since not all of us believe in gawd, I suppose I shall answer "trouble seeking". Or may I have another option, your highness?

I think the trouble seeking admission works for me. I thought that about you and now you have confirmed it.