Thread: Gun-friendly laws on up swing

Banned

Post imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34382626/ns/us_news-life//

To bad the legislators here in Wisconsin are not smart enough to take notice.

Post imported post

"A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said.

"They shoot each other over parking spaces, at football games and at family events,":what: Rand said. "The idea that you're making any place safer by injecting more guns is just completely contradicted by the facts."'

No need for facts just make things up
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

McX

Post imported post

they never mention, or count the number of crimes that were prevented by OC.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Those that damn statistics shouldn't either, "mention ... the crimes ... prevented by OC."

Post imported post

The first page was good, just stating the facts ma'am. Then the second page came along...

"A Violence Policy Center project has mined news reports to find that more than 100 people have been killed by holders of handgun-carry permits since 2007, including nine law enforcement officers. The project originally intended to list all gun crimes by permit holders, but there were too many to keep track of, Rand said."

I wonder how many of those people were criminals who slipped through the background checks and got their permits?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned

Post imported post

How many permit holders are there in the US? What fraction is 100 of that number?

Are there 1.5 million? 10^6/10^2=10^-4 or 0.01%

Who fails to do arithmetic is doomed to nonsense.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    How many permit holders are there in the US? What fraction is 100 of that number?

Are there 1.5 million? 10^6/10^2=10^-4 or 0.01%

Who fails to do arithmetic is doomed to nonsense.
    TX has 314,000 (TX DPS), FL has 605,000 + an additional 69,000 non-res permits (FL DoL), UT has 202,000 (UT DPS/BCI), MI has 217,000 (MI MSP).

Just these 4 states have 1.34 million permits issued (not including the non-res FL permits). Out of the 43 other states that issue permits, I'm sure the number of permit holders nation wide is at least a few million. Then we need to add in OC'ers from those who can't get carry permits (those under 21 in a state where minimum permit age is 21), those who OC in no issue states because CC is prohibited (WI/IL), and those who OC/CC in states that don't issue but OC/CC is legal (VT) or where the permit is Optional (AK), and of course, those who OC and don't have a CC permit for one reason or another.

Not making any arguments with you Doug, just pointing out how stupid the article was.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

I am confident that many more US cops than 100 have been found guilty of murder since 2007. Yet these anti's trust LEOs unconditionally. Just look at the guy from Crandon who mass murdered 5 people in cold blood?

Brady campaign keeps a list of "crimes and misdeeds" by permit holders. They should keep an equal list of crimes and misdeeds by LEOs. The LEO list would be much longer, I think.

This is not a bash on LEOs. Simply a statement of reality as I see it.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

On a warm partly Summer day if I tell a blind man that the big fluffy clouds are a pretty shade of green he will believe me because he knows not otherwise. If you want him to know the truth you must prove they are not. Only the truth needs to be proven. That is the tool of the anti-gunners. Spread falsehoods and put the pro-gunners on the defensive to try to convince the people that the information is false.

In my opinion if you tell 100 people an untruth about a subject they know little about, 20% will believe it.

You see I just used the trick on you. I have no idea if 20% is a correct figure but it is my opinion and if you don't agree you have to prove it otherwise. That is the game the antis play. They care not if the information they spread is true or not. They are simply after the shock effect. They end up winning their cause one bite at a time. One thing they are expert at is the understanding of human psychology. That is why they are such a challenging adversary.

Banned

Post imported post

smithman wrote:
    Just look at the guy from Crandon who mass murdered 5 people in cold blood?
    His name is Tyler James Peterson and he was twenty years old and allowed to go armed where Lammie is not.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA ******* God damn the Obamination.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

smithman wrote:
    Just look at the guy from Crandon who mass murdered 5 people in cold blood?
    I thought he shot 7 people, and 6 of them died. Sadly it I did not find it surprising when the news broke. I expected one of the teenage cops up here to do something like that for years

Post imported post

You mean like someone from, oh say, California who pulled a gun and shot someone who was under control by another officer on the ground, and said he was trying to grab his tazer yet grabbed his gun by mistake? I guess mistakes by LEO are accepted.
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

And not to mention a little remembered shooting of a friend of mine quite a few years back as he was picked up for a DUI and taken to the Door County hospital. It was called "suicide" but a witness I know but can't mention confirmed otherwise.

I know this will be read and considered a bit on the paranoid side, but it's something that still haunts the family as well as friends.

Some LEOs truly get away with murder.
    I aim to misbehave