Thread: any svsu students here?

Post imported post

hey guys, just getting into my CPL. I have registered for the CPL course dec 20th and am pretty excited.

I am a student at SVSU and have been hearing from my classmates about Cpl and the OC so ive gained a huge amount of interest into this and am very ancious to get started. Anyone else here thats a student at SVSU?

cheers
    Douglas

Post imported post

I'm a student at WMU!

If you're interested in open carry, check out the threads that are stickied at the top of this forum. You can learn all about how to stay out of trouble with the law by getting familiar with where you can and cannot legally OC. This can be found in the OC Information thread here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html

Also memorize the "Wash, Rinse, Repeat" thread, found here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/17262.html

To correct your terminology, CCW is the felony that one would receive for carrying a concealed weapon. The license to carry concealed is a Concealed Pistol License (CPL), which prevents you from getting a CCW charge. Many people here are real sticklers on that, so I thought I'd let you know.

Welcome to the forum! There's a ton of knowledge to be had from the people here - it's truly a great resource. I hope you stick around to learn and discuss OC and other topics with us!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

DAMN IT!!! HOW DARE YOU REFER TO A CPL AS A CCW! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!

Post imported post

Just kidding!

Welcome to the forums Douglas. If you have any quesstions, don't be afraid to ask.

Post imported post

Yea that CCW / CPL thing is funny because

when i got my CPL the folder said CPL but EVERYONE calls it a CCW in the police office and in the classes if i remember right. Its one of thos things where legally both words are separate but to some people they mean the same thing.

Thats why i dont like seeing people get really mad over it, because that was what i was told when i got my cpl.. how was i supposed to know? lol

thats my $.02

chris

Post imported post

really, good to know . was at the gun store yesterday and he refered to it as a cpl as well. so it now makes sense and i will talking about it as a cpl!

thanks, are you guys planning any local meets anytime soon?

Post imported post

Look here for upcoming events. There were 2 just today.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

Post imported post

Camaro Boy (and EM87 for that matter),

I'm the State Director for the Group Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. We work to pass laws that will allow students the right to defend themselves on college campuses. It was in that capacity that I testified at the Senate hearing for SB747, to remove college dorms and classrooms from pistol free zones.

In our organization, we have chapters at each school. However, our WMU chapter is inactive and we've never had one at SVSU. Would either of you guys be interested in becoming a Campus Leader there?

If so, PM me or simply apply here: http://concealedcampus.org/campusleaders.php

Post imported post

I am extremely interested. I am however busy with school but i am more than willing to get into this.

Send me a email when you get some time

dwhitein@svsu.edu

Cheers
    Douglas

Post imported post

I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be able to take on that role. Good luck with it!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

former student, now living in Az.