• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SPD Firearm Recovery

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Well, while we've got the threadjack going on, I will hint there's a thread relevant to your interests on there at the current moment. Perhaps we should continue this convo in a PM for the sake of on topicness in this forum.

And now back to our usual programming.

Possibly a troll, possibly real. Lack of follow up makes me lean toward troll. In this world, anything's possible. Probable is a whole different animal.

David.Car

imported post

The way this story is explained, and just how unbelieveable it is leads me to call troll.

To have your neighbor come onto your property without you noticing and paying attention?

Your neighbor steals your firearm out of its holster with no trouble at all?

You pull your SOG but I see no reference to any cuts to you or the neighbor despite rolling around on the ground with a staff, knife, and empty gun?

The response of the LEOs doesn't make much sense to me in the manner you described.

Either you are definitly a troll or you need to SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY, spend a lot of time learning up quick, because your situational awareness, carrying technique and all around mentality is not the way it should be.

amzbrady

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Solar wrote:
Troll? Wtf? How is this at all trollish? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

i think hes just a story teller.... if i just came back from the range....the last thing i would do... is shoot up ALL my ammo....

to come on here and tell the forum that i didnt keep at least a mag full of ammo for self defence...it just doesnt make a good story....

unless youre a troll!
The range I shoot at sells ammo, I unload my JHP's and buy their ammo, When done I reload my JHP's, no need to waste JHP at their cost.

New Daddy

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
grishnav wrote:
Years of myself trolling troll-infested forums like 4chan and Genmay have left me with a pretty finely tuned interweb BS detector; and it's going off. Even them name, Nosferatu, vampire, a mythical creature that feeds off the life of others...
4chan? Really? You too?

And I thought I'd be the only one.

Also, in terms of the name Nosferatu, I recognize it from a role playing game I play on Saturday nights. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosferatu_%28World_of_Darkness%29
I run through 4chan and some of the others like 7chan, Hackchan when I'm bored. Before kids, I spent a lot of time on those sites.

Tawnos

imported post

grishnav wrote:
More like how you can not discover it? 4chan takes over other popular forums, is responsible for 90+% of all internet memes (having easily surpassed previous meme sources like Genmay and Something Awful), and is generally full of obnoxious teenagers seeking attention. They've made every major news network, and even coordinated a prank against the Times Top 100 Most Influential list: http://www.cio.com/article/490160/4chan_Hackers_Attack_Time_100_Poll_of_Most_Influential_People

That hack in itself is amazingly noteworthy not only for it's technical difficulty, but for the fact that it required mobilizing a force of completely uncooperative and immature people.

You'd have to be living under a rock not to have heard of 4chan. :p

ETA: Marblecake, by the way, is an (offensive?) reference to a homosexual sexual act, which is typical 4-chan style. "also the game," is, of course, a reference to The Game, which is intended to cause epic loss of The Game. (Doing things that are epic is also very 4-chan style.)
I was on genmay when it was still a free [H]ard|Forum ;).

As for 4chan... http://img516.imageshack.us/i/bunny4chantb5.jpg/

grishnav

imported post

Tawnos wrote:

I first joined Genmay just after the switch. I'm a :3k:. I also joined the [H] Genmay when they briefly brought it back a few years ago. Even paid the 10 bucks or whatever it was for access. Haven't been to [H] in ages, though, and I hardly visit [G]enmay anymore anyway.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

grishnav wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

I first joined Genmay just after the switch. I'm a :3k:. I also joined the [H] Genmay when they briefly brought it back a few years ago. Even paid the 10 bucks or whatever it was for access. Haven't been to [H] in ages, though, and I hardly visit [G]enmay anymore anyway.
OC or guns related how? Shouldn't this be my PM or another site?

Yata hey

Tawnos

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
grishnav wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

OC or guns related how? Shouldn't this be my PM or another site?

Yata hey
Why are you even posting in the WA forum? Yata ho! Here, let's make it guns related: [H]ard|OCP .50BMG vs. 18 hard drives

grish: [H] still has paid genmay access, but I never bothered, as I'm already busy in enough other forums :). I would have to concur regarding the OP, his story reeks of drive-by post troll.