• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smith&Wesson 40VE

tedwitt

imported post

Academy has the SW40VEon sale through this afternoon. $299.99 with $50.00 rebate or two extra mags. I price the mags @ $41.00 each, so I opted for mags. I comes with two already, so I'm set. Haven't fired it yet so I'm hoping for the best. This is my first hammerless, I'm not real fond of that option. The safety is in the trigger from what I can figure out.

Give me your opinon of this weapon please.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tedwitt wrote:
Academy has the SW40VEon sale through this afternoon. $299.99 with $50.00 rebate or two extra mags. I price the mags @ $41.00 each, so I opted for mags. I comes with two already, so I'm set. Haven't fired it yet so I'm hoping for the best. This is my first hammerless, I'm not real fond of that option. The safety is in the trigger from what I can figure out.

Give me your opinon of this weapon please.
Very good price, especially figuring the mags.

SW40E is a basically a good gun with a long, heavy trigger.
S & W will fix this free.

Good pro and con info here: http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/57093-smith-wesson-sw40ve-reviews.html

Yata hey

lifer89

imported post

This was my choice of carry until this year. Its a good gun and I have never had a problem with it. The trigger does have a long pull but it nothing that you can't get fixed. That is a very nice price indeed. I am going to purchase one for a gift for a family member next year.