• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Actually, you Colonials can help we undeserving Brits.

David Turner

imported post

I just checked with the library' on-line. Would you believe it? The book is not on the stock-list.

So, I ordered it. They will check whether it is available anywhere within the library service.

Ho hum!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

David Turner wrote:
I just checked with the library' on-line. Would you believe it? The book is not on the stock-list.

So, I ordered it. They will check whether it is available anywhere within the library service.

Ho hum!
Given the content of teh book, I'd be rather surprised if it hasn't been banned in GB.

David Turner

imported post

I'll check out Amazon. Nearly Chrimbo, now, and I always ask for books...or stuff to do with model planes. (another facet of my sad, English, life)

Yep, it's there. About £35 and posted all the way from...New York.

It's on my wishlist.

The last time that I bought something from the US, I was absolutely hammered by our Customs and Postal services.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

David Turner wrote:
The last time that I bought something from the US, I was absolutely hammered by our Customs and Postal services.
One of the more odious features of being a foreigner in the UK. I know from tortuous experience.

buster81

imported post

It's available online for free. Just search for the title. Downloadit, memorize, and discard. You wouldn't want to get caught with such rebellious contraband. You would be forever labelled as a radical lunaticfor wanting freedom.:uhoh:

suntzu

imported post

David Turner wrote:
Yes, I know that the CIA is supposed to monitor it (or was that Al Quaida doing the monitoring?) So what? There's thousands of us and only 646 of them.
I'm sure the CIA monitors this site as well--as does most likely the FBI, and various LE agencies trying to get a feel for what the people think, although legally the CIA is forbidden to carry out domestic intelligence, I don't see anything stopping a citizen from exploring a website--so more than likely they do monitor the site.

But if we don't exercise our rights--they will take them away.

Of course I visit various LE boards to get a feel for the way the people are viewed--and the things they say are very revealing.

suntzu

imported post

David Turner wrote:
Thanks. I'll try ordering it from the library. That should throw up a few "red flags" at the home of MI5.
Go to a local book store--pay cash--no library, no records--no trail and no red flags. That is if you are security conscious.

suntzu

imported post

buster81 wrote:
It's available online for free. Just search for the title. Downloadit, memorize, and discard. You wouldn't want to get caught with such rebellious contraband. You would be forever labelled as a radical lunaticfor wanting freedom.:uhoh:

Don't forget to erase your hard drive--and if you have the proper utility--zero fill the drive--that and then low level format it and then re-zero fill it.

You remember Orwells' 1984--subversive, freedom loving, freedom wanting individuals who question what their government tells them are dealt with harshly...

Personally I think V For Vendetta describes the UK much better though at this point in history.

buster81

imported post

suntzu wrote:
buster81 wrote:

Don't forget to erase your hard drive--and if you have the proper utility--zero fill the drive--that and then low level format it and then re-zero fill it.

You remember Orwells' 1984--subversive, freedom loving, freedom wanting individuals who question what their government tells them are dealt with harshly...

Personally I think V For Vendetta describes the UK much better though at this point in history.

No need. I've never downloaded, read, seen, or otherwise even thought about this piece. Of course, I've been told it's a good read.

On another front, I use a milspec, 7 pass disk eraser just to make sure my collection ofReese Witherspoonpictures doesn't get discovered.

suntzu

imported post

David Turner wrote:
V for Vendetta.

Do you read Old Holborn's blog spot, then?

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/
I have never seen his blog..until today...

BUT I like it :D

When the people have had enough--things will change. HOWEVER, as our founders noted so well in the Declaration of Independence that : all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

And so we see today that a combination of both Orwells 1984 and V for Vendetta coming alive before our very eyes--not just in the UK, but in the US as well. And as the enemies of our Constitution are vigilantly going about to strip us of our unalienable rights, so we must be vigilant to challenge them at every opportunity. Tyranny will prevail as long as the people will put up with it.

DMWyatt

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Do any of you guys remember Animal Farm?
Animal Farm is an interesting read, but I'd say both the U.K. and U.S. are beyond the point where the pigs are walking upright. In the U.S. poor old Boxer was used to hold together the NFA in 1934, a decade before Animal Farm was even published.

DEROS72

imported post

Here are some pics for David to check out and show his buddies over in the U.K.

Went shopping today.... Starbucks to get coffee...