• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congress: Passengers Can Bring Guns on Amtrak Trains

Dreamer

imported post

I get the feeling this was NOT a typo, but rather a insidiously clever instance of "culture jamming" by some "anti" in the Congressional Clerk's office...

Word to the Pres: ALWAYS read something BEFORE you sign it... :banghead:

We-the-People

imported post

How can anyone be surprised by a typo of this sort when the fools in DC can't even read a simple, single sentence, amendment of the Constitution?

Particularly when one considers that Title 10, US Code, quite clearly states that the "Organized militia" are the Guard and Naval Militia and that the "unorganized militia" are the able bodied men between certain ages (something like 18 and 45 or something)......NOT VERY PC IF YOU ASK ME.

So much for the "the militia is the national guard" argument. Title 10, US Code went over quite well in my speech class at school. There were a lot of raised eyebrows and "oh my" looks on the faces of those young, impressionable, students who didn't get JUST the liberal academia brainwashing in my classes.

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
How can anyone be surprised by a typo of this sort when the fools in DC can't even read a simple, single sentence, amendment of the Constitution?

Particularly when one considers that Title 10, US Code, quite clearly states that the "Organized militia" are the Guard and Naval Militia and that the "unorganized militia" are the able bodied men between certain ages (something like 18 and 45 or something)......NOT VERY PC IF YOU ASK ME.

So much for the "the militia is the national guard" argument. Title 10, US Code went over quite well in my speech class at school. There were a lot of raised eyebrows and "oh my" looks on the faces of those young, impressionable, students who didn't get JUST the liberal academia brainwashing in my classes.

Better yet, ask them what they think "well-regulated" means, in the context of the second amendment.

That is when you get to point out that the context means a force oftrained and disciplined persons, not a force that is controlled by lots of rules.

For more information: http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That would be a great story....

Tonight on the 11 o'clock news: TSA matches it's travel standards to that of what was signed into law for Amtrak passengers regarding firearms. At 12:00am Midnight, this morning, TSA started placing all handgun carrying passengers inside of large lockable containers.

One question on the mind of one of the unfortunate passengers was, "How in the hell did they anticipate and acquire all of these containers! There are droves of them." The TSA South-east regional director replied to the question we forwarded; "Well, there was something about FEMA and all of these boxes they thought they were going to need for some mass graves or something to that effect. Turns out they weren't needed yet and we just made a requisition for transfer."

In the meantime, passengers that must ride in these containers are being provided with every possible aminity that one can be afforded while locked up inside of their containers such as an air supply, water, packets ofcrackers or peanutsand a container in which to place their bodily waste. Afte the first few flights went out, TSA realized that they perhaps should supply flashlights to be used inside of the locked containers.

The final nail in the coffin for some passengers was when they realized that the new policy did not allow for them to ride in the containers with their guns. Those still have to be checked in with their baggage and just the mere fact that they have a checked gun means they must be locked away in a box.