• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup Gun Show & Open Carry Table

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr & I passed out right near 500 pamphlets today. Lots of folks stopping by to ask questions and get reliable answers. We need more folks to volunteer as we can't be at every show. If we get a table we can get vendor's passes(non-WAC-members) so you don't have to pay to get in and get in early.

I talked with a guy who has a vinyl business (car stickers / graphics) who informed me that if we want to have banners made and other OC promotion stuff that he would either make it at cost or be willing to make a massive price allowance for us. I had an idea for a banner for BBQ's & Picnics that I discussed with him.

Johnny Law & SpyderTattoo stopped by today good to see both of you.

kito109654

imported post

I'd be willing to sit behind the table and hand out pamphlets if I don't have to pay the WAC membership fees. :) I wouldn't mind contributing to the cost of the signage either.

Trigger Dr

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
I'd be willing to sit behind the table and hand out pamphlets if I don't have to pay the WAC membership fees. :) I wouldn't mind contributing to the cost of the signage either.

That would be great, But if we need to get you a Vendor pass, we need to know about it at least a day before the show. Just let me or M1Gunner by PM and we can take care of it.

Also, the table can get pretty crowded if we have more than 3 at a time. But we can take turns roaming and looking.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Isnt there a gun show in Centralia, or Chahalis that is free and you dont have to be a member of?
Centralia, Elma ( a few others)are all non membership events. Still cost you $5 to get in.

You don't have to be a member of WAC to get in. You need to be a member to buy guns. Anything else there can be bought by non-members.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

If you folks ever get in a show up north state I'd be interested. I been thinking it would be nice to have something like VCDL has for our car, I almost bought the orange guns save lives sticker.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
If you folks ever get in a show up north state I'd be interested. I been thinking it would be nice to have something like VCDL has for our car, I almost bought the orange guns save lives sticker.
I asked the guy at VCDL if they were going to make any without the VCDL on it and was flat out told no. So I bought a oval black and white sticker that say "1911"

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

If anyone wants to go in with me for the Jan show on a table let me know. I believe its $40 for the 2 days (will verify). Any extra stuff you have for sale bring in to get rid of.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Had a good experience with a LEO from Puyallup today. He stopped at our table and ASKED QUESTIONS about OC.!!!Gave him pamphlets, case law, and asked him if their PD had issued a training bulletin. He said no they did not have one. Well it looks like he will be going to the training officer, at my request, to see about getting a bulletin issued. The main point I made was to keep them out of litigaion over a bad stop. He was very receptive.:celebrate

kito109654

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Had a good experience with a LEO from Puyallup today. He stopped at our table and ASKED QUESTIONS about OC.!!!Gave him pamphlets, case law, and asked him if their PD had issued a training bulletin. He said no they did not have one. Well it looks like he will be going to the training officer, at my request, to see about getting a bulletin issued. The main point I made was to keep them out of litigaion over a bad stop. He was very receptive.:celebrate

That is great!

SpyderTattoo

imported post

I had a good time today "helping" at the table. Got to meet a couple newer guys to the boards who stopped by. Lots of friendly people stopping by to chat about OC, and lots more pamphlets handed out. Thanks to TriggerDr for putting up with me today ( even if he does carry a girl's gun... ;). Try not to trip over any flowers TriggerDr... )

Looking forward to helping out again in the future.

Trigger Dr

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I had a good time today "helping" at the table. Got to meet a couple newer guys to the boards who stopped by. Lots of friendly people stopping by to chat about OC, and lots more pamphlets handed out. Thanks to TriggerDr for putting up with me today ( even if he does carry a girl's gun... ;). Try not to trip over any flowers TriggerDr... )

That is OK spyder...at least I had a gun:D

And thanks for the help. This can become a great medium for OC.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:

That is OK spyder...at least I had a gun:D

And thanks for the help. This can become a great medium for OC.
Touche', well played Sir.

heresolong

imported post

I almost bought the orange guns save lives sticker.
Hey SVG, what specifically is it about orange guns that results in more saved lives than other colors? Could you provide some sort of study or citation for this claim? :D

swatspyder

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Hey SVG, what specifically is it about orange guns that results in more saved lives than other colors? Could you provide some sort of study or citation for this claim? :D
orange, "guns save lives" sticker, is probably what he had in mind.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
heresolong wrote:
He knows he's ribbing me, I thought that was funny. Good catch.:celebrate

FMCDH

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
heresolong wrote:
He knows he's ribbing me, I thought that was funny. Good catch.:celebrate
LOL, good to see some of the humor back.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Got my new G21 SF today. I qualified for the military/law enforcement program, so I got alot of money knocked off and a 3rd magazine as well. :dude:. So next time at the gunshow (TriggerDr) I'll have a gun on my hip. (A manly gun, not agirl's gun like yours... ;). )