• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner - Manassas - Thursday, 12/17 (CANCELED)

RichV

imported post

Hey everybody... I'm coordinating an OC dinner at Casa Chimayo in Manassas for this Thursday (12/17) @ 7PM. I checked with the management and they are gun friendly and would be glad to have us. Come on out. Family, friends, and kids welcome.

Casa Chimayo - (703) 369-2523
8209 Sudley Road
Manassas, VA, VA 20110 US

Please RSVP at the evite.com site, so I can give the restaurant an idea of how many will attend: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/CWWUQONYJWHCIVRGJBZG/OC

Hope to see you all there,
RichV

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

RichV wrote:
Hey everybody... I'm coordinating an OC dinner at Casa Chimayo in Manassas for this Thursday (12/17) @ 7PM. I checked with the management and they are gun friendly and would be glad to have us. Come on out. Family, friends, and kids welcome.

8209 Sudley Road

Please RSVP at the evite.com site, so I can give the restaurant an idea of how many will attend: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/CWWUQONYJWHCIVRGJBZG/OC

RichV

First.. welcome to the OCDO forum. We are glad to have you. (and don't take my third point too harshly or the wrong way.

Second - 12/17 is the VCDL meeting so you might have less than a normal crowd

Third - When you say that you "checked with the management" that makes ther hair on our neck rise a little. Did you also check with them to make sure you could wear sneakers or red shirts? The point being is that we kind of go on a "don't ask" policy... you give them more of a chance to say no. If you just walk in and sit down and eat.. chances are they wont even notice... then you go there again and show them that they have your business and get to know you as a loyal customer. We all (collectively) are glad they are and said yes.. but had they said no.. it might have been a place that now bans people that may have never said anythign or even noticed before.

RichV

imported post

ed wrote:
RichV wrote:

8209 Sudley Road

RichV

First.. welcome to the OCDO forum. We are glad to have you. (and don't take my third point too harshly or the wrong way.

Second - 12/17 is the VCDL meeting so you might have less than a normal crowd

Third - When you say that you "checked with the management" that makes ther hair on our neck rise a little. Did you also check with them to make sure you could wear sneakers or red shirts? The point being is that we kind of go on a "don't ask" policy... you give them more of a chance to say no. If you just walk in and sit down and eat.. chances are they wont even notice... then you go there again and show them that they have your business and get to know you as a loyal customer. We all (collectively) are glad they are and said yes.. but had they said no.. it might have been a place that now bans people that may have never said anythign or even noticed before.
Since this is the first time I have done this (coordinate an oc dinner), I wanted to ensure there woldn't be an issue with the restaurant... and didn't want another "Tony's".

Nevertheless, I'll keep your "constructive" criticism in mind for the next time. ;) Hope to see you there.

RichV

imported post

promizkeeper wrote:
RichV wrote:
promizkeeper wrote:
Me and the brat will attempt to make it.
Great, I look forward to meeting you. How old is the brat (assuming it's your kid)? I may bring mine too.
she will be 16 on the 28th.
I also have a daughter, who will be 16 on the 23rd. And one that is 13, and a son that is 17.

10mm

imported post

Going to try and make the VCDL meeting. If something comes up or I work late I'll try and stop by.
Like Ed said... Never ask, just show up. If there is a 'no firearm' sign then go somewhere else and post on here that 'this place' says no firearms, otherwise you just roll in there. Most owners/managers/employees have no idea of the laws. They hear gun and automatically say no unless they are a select few like the guys at Hard Times Cafe in Manassas who actually know it is legal in VA to strap one on.

If i dont see you this time, plan another and/or check back often. A few of us are in the area and get together often.

IanB

imported post

I'll echo what previous folks have said, the 17th is the night of the monthly VCDL meeting. You'd have better participation if you resked to another night, preferrably a weekend.

RichV

imported post

OK.... I'm CANCELING for Thursday night, since most people will be at the VCDL meeting.

I will try to reschedule for the weekend, but was not able to reach the manager @ chimayo. With all the holiday parties going on, it may be tough. If I get a new date confirmed, I'll create a new thread, and a new evite.com invite.

Thanks, Rich

nova

imported post

RichV wrote:
OK.... I'm CANCELING for Thursday night, since most people will be at the VCDL meeting.

I will try to reschedule for the weekend, but was not able to reach the manager @ chimayo. With all the holiday parties going on, it may be tough. If I get a new date confirmed, I'll create a new thread, and a new evite.com invite.

Thanks, Rich
I'll be at the VCDL meeting so that's good news for me...I'd love to come out and meet some more people :cool:

I'm almost 21...all this talk about turning 16 reminds me of getting my drivers license. Have fun with that :p:lol: :)

RichV

imported post

nova wrote:
RichV wrote:

Thanks, Rich
I'll be at the VCDL meeting so that's good news for me...I'd love to come out and meet some more people :cool:

I'm almost 21...all this talk about turning 16 reminds me of getting my drivers license. Have fun with that :p:lol: :)
Cool.... will look forward to having a good turn out on a different day. I should be able to schedule it tomorrow.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

RichV wrote:
nova wrote:
RichV wrote:

Thanks, Rich

Cool.... will look forward to having a good turn out on a different day. I should be able to schedule it tomorrow.
Good move. Look forward to see what you come up with.

nova

imported post

I've never been to this place but their menu looks tasty :):cool: