• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Followup on City of Fairfax illegal signs

nova

imported post

On my way out to the Hard Times Cafe in Manassas, I stopped by the few locations where another OCDO member had spotted some illegal "no firearms" signs.

Since it is near where I spend most of my week, I had taken some pics a few months ago.

Stopped by tonight (didn't have my good camera this time) to see if they had removed or changed the signs. One of them had the word "Firearms" covered over. The other two or three signs looked unchanged.

I took two pics with my phone. I can't post these pics unfortunately but I'll see if I can make it back during the day with a better camera.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oh jeez. Now you are admitting to being in the vicinity of vandalized signs? That is known as "opportunity."

We know you object to the signs' message about guns. That is known is "motive."

As Prof. Duane says, "Motive + opportunity, wham, bam..."

Nice knowing you, Nova.

:)

Oh, plus they'll have to investigate "spotlighting." You called them "off-road lights." Suuuuuuuuure. Is that what they call them these days?

nova

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Oh jeez. Now you are admitting to being in the vicinity of vandalized signs? That is known as "opportunity."

We know you object to the signs' message about guns. That is known is "motive."

As Prof. Duane says, "Motive + opportunity, wham, bam..."

Nice knowing you, Nova.

:)

Oh, plus they'll have to investigate "spotlighting." You called them "off-road lights." Suuuuuuuuure. Is that what they call them these days?
Nah I ain't too worried about it. Afterall, why would I vandalize signs that could possibly give me a good payout down the road? :p
It has long been my opinion that I would rather see illegal signs corrected or removed than deal with a dragged out court session even if it means I'd get money. My time is worth more than anything I'd get in a settlement, at least at this point in my life.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Where are these signs? Who posted them?
Uh oh, sounds like Hawkflyer's angry!
Hide the scotch!

Bike path. BIKE PATH!!

I've got your BIKE right here -

You know ... an ElectaGlide ... In Blue.:cuss: We don't need no stinking signs!!
No!
This is Electra Glide in Blue:what:

electraglideinblueblack.jpg

Did you know that him and Alan Ladd was exactly the same height?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
peter nap wrote:
...SNIP

It would not have occurred to me to measure them. Did you know that most people are the same hight if they are lying down?:lol:

You've always been down on liars, so your data on this one is unreliable.

BTW, I woulda spelled it "height." Been at the Grand Mariner again? :p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
peter nap wrote:
...SNIP

It would not have occurred to me to measure them. Did you know that most people are the same height if they are lying down?:lol:

Edit for spell check.
How can so,someone go through life and not see Electra Glide in Blue...And not know that line:shock:.

It's a classic. Right up there with Vanishing Point, Billy Jack, Born Losers and To Kill a Mockingbird.:uhoh:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
peter nap wrote:
...SNIP

It would not have occurred to me to measure them. Did you know that most people are the same height if they are lying down?:lol:

Edit for spell check.
How can so,someone go through life and not see Electra Glide in Blue...And not know that line:shock:.

It's a classic. Right up there with Vanishing Point, Billy Jack, Born Losers and To Kill a Mockingbird.:uhoh:

I know, I know. Did you not see the ---> :lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
peter nap wrote:
...SNIP

Edit for spell check.

I know, I know. Did you not see the ---> :lol:
Even wylde007 wouild like R.P.M. It's a must see for subversive planning:cry:

nova

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Actually, I'm taller than most people when lying down.

Turns out I have a very long........

......head, kind of like Alien.

alien23.jpg

anim_rofl2.gif
anim_lol.gif
abovelol.gif