• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New grandson

amzbrady

imported post

Theres a lesson for everyone, show them, talk to them, let them handle it, and ask questions. Then they wont have a curiosity, wondering what is this and what does it do? Or worse. I had my daughter help me strip mine down and clean it then put it back together. Very uneventful and she lost interest quickly.

FMCDH

imported post

Yea, take the mystery out of it and teach them early the safety and reasoning. That which is treated as "Taboo" will just get their attention more and they may end up learning from someone else.

Owning and carrying responsibly as an adult commonly starts with how and what we were taught as children.

I can truly say that by the time that I ended adolescence, the mystery of firearms was well and truly gone, and all that remained were the cold facts and responsibilities that came with owning, handing and carrying a firearm.

My father did a pretty good job with me and my 2 brothers, even tho he chose not to carry himself, both of us younger brothers now do, and I personally have all my adult life. :)

edited for clarity

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Pre school soon......
was this on a military base, or where? I also wonder how many people walked by and gasped, then proceeded to put down the parents that would allow their child to be so close to a gun. I think this should be done in some mall parking lots that have gun ban signs.

joeroket

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
boy, I never woulda guessed it. Not with all the blonde kids there.
It is the dark haired military gal in the beret that gives it away. That beret belongs to an Israeli Infantry group called the Nahal Brigade.