• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Univ of CO Bans NERF guns!!!

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HA!

I can assure you this has little to do with the school being liberal. In fact, my school which would be considered very moderate banned water guns on campus 7 years ago. So I am not surprised any school has banned nerf guns (now, then, or in the future). They are not satisfying liberal doctrine, they are satisfying people that are or will beoffended by "simulated gun play." Is this action, banning concealed carry of handguns,of the University or any University wrong? Most certainly, yes. Guns being carried by law abiding citizens deserve to be carried on campus as much as it is already allowed on sidewalks of most cities around the country. Hoplophobia is no excuse to limit or circumvent the rights of others.

GoldCoaster

imported post

It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye. My son and I play nerf wars in the basement and now we always wear the funky looking nerf glasses. A velcro nerf dart in the eye is not fun, not fun at all.

They are just thinking about the ocular safety of the childr err I mean students.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agreed. In the 1980s, my alma mater banned all steel-tipped darts in the Student Center, even though no one had ever been injured. The local off-campus dart clubs laughed.

ETA: AT some point, colleges need to allow their adult students to behave as adults! I'm not advocating Heidelberg's swordplay until one receives their "badge of honor" (scar). I'm merely saying "They're adults - treat them as such."