• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave Workman on OC: It's an "anachronism"

44Brent

Metalhead47

imported post

44Brent wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d11-Taking-The-High-Road-and-other-gun-rights-forums

Open carry is a subject, and a practice, that many people find offensive, but simply because something has become anachronistic does not make it wrong. If your senses are offended by the sight of an open-carried firearm, or even the thought that people prefer to pack sidearms on their hip, you’re not going to like this bunch.
He's not calling it an anachronism, he's saying it's become anachronistic, which OC has, because so few people do so anymore.

FMCDH

imported post

Nice rundown, didn't know about a few of those places.

Its very true, you cant be "thin skinned" on this forum, you better be willing to bring your "A" game and back up your statements and assertions with facts and reason.

Its one of the main reason I personally like OCDO.

We do disagree with each other a lot, but at the end of the day, the "regulars" here can still call each other fellow Americans, even if we disagree. Thats how American discourse is suppose to work. IMHO