• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Haters

Viorel

imported post

Flashback: 200 years or so.

The hip word of the time was what? Civilized.

Look at all the comments made by current anti-gun knuckleheads. "Back to the wild west", etc. They're suggesting the very same thing that people back then were--an uncivilized society doesn't carry guns.

Wyatt Earp, a classic American folk hero yes? He was well known for his part (as well as his brothers/pals) of denying citizens the right to carry guns while within city limits. Hell it was Ike Clanton's arrest that morning for violating a city ordinance against carrying firearms within Tombstone city limits that kicked off the "fight at the OK Corral".

Ironic? I think so.

Haz.

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Gun hating is a mental disorder.

Succinct, and I think it clears up the whole mess. Now we just need some Psychiatrists to develop a treatment program.

I agree and so didSigmundFreud!

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.“ Sigmund Freud (“General Introduction to Psychoanalysis,“ S. Freud).

groats

imported post

Viorel wrote:
Look at all the comments made by current anti-gun knuckleheads.  "Back to the wild west", etc.  They're suggesting the very same thing that people back then were--an uncivilized society doesn't carry guns.

Interestingly enough, a study of the records from the old gold-fever towns of California showed two things clearly:
1. Almost everybody and his dog carried a gun, and
2. Both towns were much safer than parts of San Francisco are today.
So, "back to the wild west" would be a welcome improvement for a lot of people.
(I need to find that research again)