• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Manteca CA

OPS MARINE

imported post

IMAGE_000571.jpg

About thirty minutes ago, I went to Bass Pro Shops in Manteca to see what they may have had to say about OC there. The reason for this is because they are about 1500' from a school. I do not know the name of the school. I could not get in because there was a promotional going on for Police and Veterans, and I did not bring an ID. One of the employees offered to let me in because he saw the weapon and mistook me for plainclothesed LEO. I declined the offer and was on my way out when I chose to stop behind this CHP Interceptor for a photo op. The Officer that belongs to this car was coming out, and I know he saw me so I waved. Because the flashlight is on the weapon, I know he saw that too. I waited as he approached (without drawing his 4006TSW), but someone called him by name and he stopped to speak with them. It dragged on, so I called out to him, he acknowledged, and I left.

There's not really an LEO contact here, but I thought it was interesting all the same.

OPS MARINE

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Great pic!

But they closed down their entire store to the public for some LE-only event? WTF is up with that? Maybe we should see if they'll close down for a civilian-only LOC event?
Yes, they did, but I don't quite know all the circumstances. I think it was some kind of promotional on equipment or something of that nature. A civilian only LOC event would definitely be nice.